Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Getting back into it

Today was rough. What is it about getting home after a holiday? Rowan refused to have his nap today, and was entirely disagreeable and disobedient. Ugh. Bria was also bit crabby and she refused to eat supper today. Go figure. We all have adjust to being home again!

My trouble is that for the past week and half, yes I did help out at my in-laws, but there was always someone entertaining my kids while I was working! Now that I'm back to 'doing it all' I really need to refocus and work on being patient. This has never been my strong point...

How do you deal with your kids when, lets say, they don't want to eat what you have prepared for a meal, yet you know they are hungry? I'm at a loss with Bria. She seems to not ever want to eat what I've prepared, especially at supper time. She can't really be that picky, can she?

It did help to get the kids out of the house for a while. We spent some time at Stay and Play, as well as Growing With Mom. Both were refreshing for me. Rowan had a blast too. He needs spend more time with other kids I think.

Anyway, I really hope to get my house back in order this week. It's amazing how things can get out of hand so quickly! Time to go turn my Fly Lady reminders back on.

3 comments:

Jobina said...

Welcome back!

Stam House said...

Getting back to the normal routine is always a pain!!! I love having time off but hate getting back and feeling overwhelm!!!

Rebekah is a real Dutch girl, she will eat like a pig all the time and let say that she LOVE food so I wouldn't be able to help you with your situation.

Do you notice that she get more tired in the evening and that could be a factor of her not wanting to eat?

Hope the transition to back at home goes well and that the kiddos will be lass cranky!!!!

Ps how is fly lady working for ya!

Andrea said...

Welcome back!! And hopefully you can get back into the normal routine of things pretty quickly!