Monday, September 08, 2008

I'm back!!

We made it back last night, thankfully not too late. We had a really full day, which included meeting a fellow blogger, Erin! I sewed a sling for Erin, and we were finally meeting up so I could give it to her. Unfortunately we had to keep driving, so we only had a few minutes to chat. I definitely look forward to visiting with her again though!

Our week was a little bit different than we had planned too. Keith's parents live in the Interlake of Manitoba. They have had an extremely wet summer, and the harvest season has been even wetter. It rained all but one day we were there! Needless to say, Keith was only on the field the first afternoon we were there! It was slightly frustrating for the men, though we did end up having a lot of time to visit and relax...

Keith and I even had a date night :) We headed off to our favorite little pizza place from our dating/newlywed days. It brought back good memories, and the pizza sure was good too! We also walked along the dock in Gimli and watched some sailors enjoying the one nice day :)

I also got to see a new little baby! I had brought my extra sling rings along, just in case I found some fabric to sew up while I was away. They came in really handy when we wanted to give a gift to this mom and her new baby! Keith's mom had the fabric sitting around from years ago, and had never sewn it into anything, so it was the perfect gift from both of us :)

I used to work at a daycare when we lived by Keith's family, and the little girl in the picture was only 3 years old then. She is such a cutie! Now she's a big sister too.

Guess what Bria learned while we were gone... HOW TO WALK!! Yup, she's getting really confident too. What a cutie. Today she was motering all over the house. I can't believe how grown up she's getting.

Rowan has also started with the million questions. I'm trying really hard to have patience. So far so good!

I'm tired, so the pictures might not be edited very nicely yet. I just wanted to quickly post before I go to bed. I have many more that I hope to post yet too :) Good night!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yay! I was waiting for you to blog again. Beautiful picture of you & Keith!! Can't wait to see more:)

Wendy said...

Glad you guys had a great time. Love the photo of you and Keith on the rocks:)

Stam House said...

Glad to have you back!! And a walking little girl! so much fun! Sound like a nice trip!!!!

Janelle said...

Glad you made it home safe and that you guys had a good time away from home.

Kalle said...

Welcome back to the blogsphere. Gald to hear the trip went well. I agree the pic of you and Keith on the rocks is great. The farmers here in SK are water logged too! :(

Elaine said...

Hi Stacey! Welcome home, glad you are back. We missed you! Great picture of you & Keith!