Monday, September 22, 2008

I've been tagged ;)

My First Baby Meme

So, Andrea has tagged me in a fun little meme about first pregnancies/births. Here's mine:

1. Were you married at the time? Definitely

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I was really nervous at first, but also very excited.

3. How old were you? Well, I found out around my 21st birthday :)

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I just knew. My body definitely was telling me that something was going on :) Of course, a pregnancy test at the clinic a few weeks later confirmed everything for me.

5. Who did you tell first? The first person of course, was Keith, though my mom had figured it out on her own before anyone else knew, and she told my dad. The next people to know were our friends in Saskatchewan, since we were visiting them. We told our families at Christmas.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? No. We wanted the surprise!

7. Due due: July 28th, 2005

8. Did you deliver early or late? 8 days early, on July 20th. Boy was I relieved :)

9. Did you have morning sickness? Nothing major. A bit queasy in the mornings for about a month or so.

10. What did you crave? Fruit, fruit, and more fruit!

11. Who irritated you the most? I don't remember being very irritated.

12. What was your first child's sex? Male.

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I gained about 25 pounds, though I think I looked MUCH larger! I carried straight out in the front.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Just some nasty vericose veins.

15. Where did you give birth? At our local hospital, in the bed.

16. How many hours were you in labor? 6 from start to finish. (3 of them were pushing though :( )

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My wonderful, patient husband, who was actually almost ready to work the night shift. He got to stay up all night anyway!

18. Who watched? Keith, a few nurses, and my amazingly wonderful Doctor... I love her!

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal.

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I got a shot of Demerol which was the worst mistake I ever made during labor!

21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lb

22. What did you name him/her? Rowan Seth

23. How old is your first born today? 3 years old.

Tag five mommies:

Andrea
Andrea (Drea)
Heather
Jobina
Renee

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! I have loved reading these. =)

Dianna said...

You mentioned your wonderful amazing dr. I was wondering if we both share the same dr. Cause mine I think is the best also. Is it by any chance Dr. J.Braun??