Saturday, October 11, 2008

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side

I've been trying really hard to take everything to heart and hand it over to God. I think it's helping, and I think my smile might just return today. I hope. Since my post, I have discovered that many of you have gone through tough times with your babies too, with surgery and health problems in general. That is actually very humbling for me to hear. You see, it's easy to trust God with a problem when it's someone else's child. I've never had to deal with something like this with my own child before.

To those of you that have shared with me, thank you :) Just knowing that you made it through is a huge encouragement! I am reminding myself constantly that Bria is loved by God, much more than I could ever love her. He will do what is best.

On another note, I now have an ear infection. Blech. I feel like my head is full of water. BUT, I'm trying not to let that get me down today.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures from this summer, since it makes me smile :)

7 comments:

Mom said...

Made me smile too :)

Stam House said...

Oh my what a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know we are praying for you and for Bria. God is with you and holding you all through this. Lots of love Jaclyn and Myron.

Susanna said...

That is an absolutely adorable picture - would be my favorite too.
You're doing amazing Stacey, and I can't imagine how it would be to go through this without God, and it's awesome to see how He is giving you peace and strength in this, as He always does when we seek Him.

Eva said...

I too am praying for you guys. None of our children have gone through surgary. When our Celena was 6 months old her pediatrition said she needed surgary to correct her skull but the Lord saw fit to correct with outout surgary. Hope all goes well.

Jenn said...

oh my! cute face Bria!!! *smile*

It is hard to keep the chin up, especially when our children are going through difficult or painful things.

You are always so positive, and we all need to lift one another up during our joys, struggles AND painful times.

I am praying for you and your family. blessings, jenn

Janelle said...

That picture makes me smile too! praying for you and your family...