Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A new sling :)

First of all, if any of my readers live close to Pilot Mound, I will be there this Thursday morning, doing a babywearing presentation. So, if you are interested in seeing my carriers or just want to know more about it, you can ask me where it's at :) I'd love to meet you there!

Last night I got motivated again to pull out my sewing machine. First I finished a ring sling that just needed to be hemmed. Then I fixed one of Rowan's sheets that had a tear in it, and put in some new elastic. And then, I got brave enough to try something new with a sling!

A few weeks ago I attempted to sew a sling with a heavier fabric, and my machine did not handle it very well. I guess that's what I get for buying a cheaper sewing machine :( Anyway, I got so frustrated that I just put it all away. So, last night I decided to try again. I did something a bit differently than I had planned, and I think it turned out pretty good. The only problem with it is I only had medium sized sling rings in the color that I wanted, so it's a bit hard to adjust.

I used a heavier twill type fabric, with a quilting cotton accent on the bottom of the tail. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric!

Also, I thought I'd mention my friend Andrea's review blog again. She has tons of contests and reviews going up all the time. I just entered one for some cute cards from Black Butterfly. Very pretty, yet simple. Go check it out!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey Stacey, I have a friend that's got a 2-3 month old girl that needs to be held all the time, and I'm thinking she may get good use out of a sling, what would you recommend for a newbie, that would be easy for her to use and also let her have as much mobility as possible.

Andrea said...

Oh that is beautiful fabric.