Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Too Much

I know that the Bible promises us that God will not give us more than we can handle. Today I am not feeling that at all.

I just got off the phone a while ago. I was talking to Bria's doctor about her surgery. She said the surgery will take around 4 hours. Yikes! I wasn't thinking it would take so long. Also, she said Bria will need to stay in the hospital for 4 or 5 days. That means I need to figure out our life for the next few weeks, and I don't know how I'm going to do this all.

Next Tuesday I am working at the election all day. Thursday we drive to meet with the Anesthetist. We may/may not go visit Keith's family straight from there, til Sunday, when we need to head back to Winnipeg. Monday is Bria's surgery, and then I will need to stay in the city til Bria can come home!

What am I going to do with Rowan all that time? How will I get back and forth to the hospital? What is Keith going to do about work? Will Bria be scared if I am not at her side 100% of the time? Am I allowed to leave her at all? I'm just so not sure about this all. My head hurts.

13 comments:

Ellen said...

I have had days like that too - at least you have family close by that can help (you are lucky with that!!) God will provide a way! Just take one day at a time and try not to look at the whole picture at once. I will keep you in my prayers

Laura said...

I can understand why you'd be stressed! That motherly instinct to nurture and take care of our babies is so strong! Just keep reminding yourself that the doctors do this all the time and that they know what they're doing. And I'm sure the nurses will be great with Bria as well. Hopefully your plans will all come together easily. Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

I've been in the hospital with Sean a few times. I was encouraged at that time to stay with him 24/7. It was actually nice to beable to look after him. Leaving Eric with my mom was hard but I knew that Sean needed me more. Sean had surgery when he was under 2 lbs. and again when he was 3 with two day surgeries in between. I was amazed at th "peace that passes understanding". Will be praying for you. Eloa

Alyssa said...

Ditto what the others say...It must seem really overwhelming, though!!

However, I happen to know a stunningly beautiful pediatric nurse who may be able to give you a hand that week;) I'll email you sometime, alright?

One day at a time...you can do it!!

Anonymous said...

I don't work on the pediatric ward lyssa...who could you be talking about?? (j/k)

Hey, I'm not sure how much I'm working that week either...i may be able to help out as well. Talk to you later. Love ya'll!
~Michelle

Jamy said...

Wow Stacey, I will definitely keep you and Bria in my prayers next week. I know you'll figure everything out and It'll all go ok.

Jenn said...

Hi Stacey, Thinking of you and Bria...praying...

ontheprairie said...

I didn't realize your little girl was having surgary. I will be praying for you guys.

amy said...

I am overwhelmed be all of the incredible comments. Isn't great to have such a deep connection with so many people because of our amazing God!! We will keep Bria in our prayers and you as a family too. If you end up leaving Rowan out here with your in laws, we would love to have him over for whatever time you need too.

Carole Hiebert said...

I didn't know you were dealing with health issue with Bria - we have more in common than I thought! (although I wish we didn't have to have that in common!) You will be in our prayers in the coming weeks! We'll see you again at Stay and Play before you know it!

Carole

Monika Thiessen said...

We'll keep you in our prayers. We have an amazing God and He is able to take care of all our needs - even the ones we don't even know about yet!

Andrea said...

Oh Stacey.. I will be offering up my prayers for your family and Bria. I would have a very difficult time with this as well. I feel like I missed something. Why does she need to have surgery??

Andrea said...

Obviously I'm behind on reading blogs, cause I just read this today...but yeah, I can only imagine how hard it would be to have to watch your baby girl go through this...I know i would have a rough time with this too!! Praying for you...