Thursday, October 23, 2008

Update on Bria

First of all, thanks so much to all of you who are praying. I honestly don't think I would be sane without it! Today I finally broke down and cried. I was walking back from the cafeteria at lunch time and I just lost it. I sat down and bawled for a few minutes. I'm sure the people walking down the hall were wondering what was going on :) When I was finished, I walked into the nearest office to grab some tissue, and when I walked back out the door, there were my parents and Rowan! God knew what I needed. I had no idea they were coming.

I am having a much needed break tonight at my sister-in-law's place while Keith spends the night with Bria. Alyssa has been such a big help to me this past week! She let us stay the night before the surgery, brought me food in the hospital, visits every break she has (she works at the same hospital that we are at) and just generally makes things easier for me :)

Last night was really rough on me. Bria wasn't really very fussy, but she also didn't sleep more than a couple hours. I haven't had more than a few hours sleep at a time since Saturday night, so I'm really feeling the toll of that. By the morning, I was ready to throw in the towel. Originally we thought we would be going home today, but Bria still isn't drinking, hasn't pooped (sorry for being so straight-forward :) and is barely sleeping. Her Doctor said we will see what happens tomorrow so I'm hoping that we might possibly get to go home.

Please, please pray for her tonight. She's so miserable. The incision doesn't seem to be bothering her anymore, but she hates the IV, and she's very constipated. Since she's so overtired, she is having a hard time falling asleep too. We just want her to get back to her old happy self.

The nursing staff have been so awesome at Children's Hospital. Not a single grumpy nurse or negative attitude. They all love Bria, and are trying their best to make her more comfortable.

I'll try to get back to you all by Saturday, if we're home by then :( I'm not holding on hope too much for tomorrow.

7 comments:

Laura said...

thanks for the update, Stacey. I've been thinking about you guys lots the last couple days. I hope you get a great night's sleep tonight so you can feel refreshed tomorrow. That can make such a big difference.

Monika Thiessen said...

Thanks for the update and for showing your vulnerability. I will continue to pray for you and your family. And I'm sure that once Bria gets home to her familiar surroundings she will bounce back pretty quick.
"The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zeph. 3:17

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

I am praying for you guys...for strength, encouragement, rest, for all that you need and for Bria to recover fully. I can just imagine what a difficult time this must be for all of you.
Love and blessings,
Brenda

Andrea said...

Awww...that's rough! I'll be praying for you and Bria...hopefully you're home already, but if you're not then hopefully tomorrow will be the day! I was thinking about you the entire time we were in Morden, wondering how you were doing...I'm glad the surgery went okay - now, let's just hope you can get Bria back to her own bed very soon!

Jobina said...

Thanks for the update Stacey. Things I'm praying for...for rest, for poop and for a trip home soon!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I hope you are ok. I know how much fatigue can drag you down and cause you to feel all sorts of things! But hang in there and I hope you get some rest...

Love,
Steph

Stam House said...

thanks for the update!