Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Babywearing Demo

While I may be no expert, I really enjoy sharing my love of babywearing. I've had the chance to speak to a few local groups of moms, and I always have a great time. Last week I was invited to share with a teen moms group in a neighboring town. It was probably my smoothest presentation yet.

I started out just talking about the benefits of babywearing, sharing a few stories of how moms have used babywearing to benefit their families. Then I showed them how to use each type of carrier, including ring slings, pouches, mei tais, and wraps (woven and stretchy). I don't have a soft-structured carrier yet, but once I get one, that will be included too!

I made up this display board quickly the night before. I got all the pictures from a mom on The Babywearer who does a lot of advocacy presentations herself. She has a ton of info that she sent me, including handouts and brochures for my guests :) Great material.

Anyway, here's a slide show of some pictures I got. One of the helpers at the group took them for me, and they were all action shots, no poses :) So, forgive the church basement lighting and the weird facial expressions :) I really don't look that goofy all the time!

6 comments:

gilekopi said...

nice..congrats! btw, i like mumbee's for your shop..just an opinion..i think it suits u. well good luck!

Lindsey Dueck said...

I hope you are willing to come out to Riverton for a demo when I need you!! ;)

Stacey said...

I will TOTALLY come to Riverton to do a demo!!! In fact, Jay and I have already talked a bit about it. Just have to find a time that works for everyone!

Stam House said...

Sound like fun!!! look like you enjoy yourself!!!! Ps we receive your pouch sling while I was in the hospital and it fit!!! thanks!!!

Kalle said...

Great demo. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it.

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

What's the carrier that you are wearing her on your back in? Very pretty!