Sunday, January 11, 2009

Glory Baby

I found this song years ago, when my friend (then my youth leader) Tracy was going through a miscarriage. I NEVER thought I would make it my own. But, here it is.



Glory Baby ~ Watermark

Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

BRIDGE:
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

10 comments:

eva said...

Beautiful song Stacey... I lost a little one to tubal pregnancy 3 years ago. They are waiting for us in GLORY!

Liane said...

I still remember when you told me about that song. It is so beautiful! Just picture Jenny, Adrian and your little one playing together. One things that brings me joy in this is that they are going to be there to greet us when we get to heaven.

Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Stacey-- I am so sorry that your precious little baby did not get to stay and meet you face to face on earth. It's a very hard thing to go through. The more you look around, the more you will find other women who have survived the heartache and the empty arms of losing a baby. While that will not return your baby to you, I hope it will help you trust that you will survive these feelings of loss and hurt. That God has a plan for your life, and that He will follow through on that plan and fulfill the desires that He places in your heart.

I found a song by our own local Leora Hamm to be helpful when I was experiencing a miscarriage--- Jesus' rocking chair.

I had 2 D&Cs before having our three children. My situation was very much like yours. My losses occurred at 6.5 weeks, but were only discovered at 11 weeks and 7.5 weeks respectively. I waited to miscarry on my own, but that was hard, too. I felt like a living cemetary. The D&Cs helped bring closure for me, and reduce the risk of infection. It was much easier than childbirth, but still required some recovery time. Local hospital puts you right to sleep for it. Requires one day in hospital, no overnight stay. Bring headphones with you, sometimes the same OR has been used for delivering babies while you are waiting and you might hear babies crying while you are waiting.

sending big hugs,
Marilyn from Stay and Play

If you have any questions, just ask.

Anonymous said...

I was going to add--- you asked what to tell the people who think you're still pregnant....

Could you have a trusted friend make some phonecalls for you? to have it put into the bulletin, if you weren't already at church this Sunday? It will prevent many questions and that way you don't have to explain it yourself over and over again.

In the call, the friend could indicate whether or not you're up for talking about it right now, and that you're having the friend call so that you don't have to answer questions for now as you're still processing a great deal.

It works well with most people.
marilyn

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song! Thinking about you lots Stacey (keith too). Love you all!!!!!
~Michelle

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Hi Stacey & Keith...I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying you will be comforted today through friends and family and most of all God's love.

That's a beautiful song by the way.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

Monika Thiessen said...

So sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers. That is a beautiful song and 21 years ago I would have made it mine as well. Know that you are not alone and though there is sadness in the loss, we have the greatest Comforter of all to carry us through.
Love you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little one. It encourages me to know though that you are woman of strong faith and that you trust God to bring you through this difficult time. I will be praying for you.
Irina

Shanilie said...

What a sweet song. I was choking back tears reading it. Continuously praying and thinking of you.

Stam House said...

So sorry about your loss praying for you and your family!