Monday, January 19, 2009

Not a Good Start to 2009

So, I've been putting off posting this, since my blog has been kind of gloomy lately. But, it is my life, and my reality, so here it is. Friday around noon, my Grandpa Wolfe passed away. After many many many years of pain and suffering, he has finally been relieved of it all, and is with Jesus.

While it is such a relief for him, I know my Grandma will be lonely, and my Mom and her siblings will miss him dearly. I didn't know him all that well, because of different circumstances, but I know that he loved God, and I will see him again in Heaven. And isn't it great that he will get to take care of my little one in Heaven? That's one thing that makes me smile. To see him able to run and play with his little great grandchildren.

I also want to thank everyone for their prayers and kindness for me and my family in this difficult week that we've had. You have all been so encouraging, and I wish I could give you all a big hug :)

11 comments:

Kenzie said...

Wow Stacey you brought tears to my eyes with that post. I'm so sorry for the losses your family has been through recently.
I love the hope you have in Jesus though! {hugs}

srempel said...

Stacey, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel this period of grief...:)

Donna said...

Not a great start to 2009, but I am sure God's got some GREAT things in store too=)

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry!! I did read this on your mom's blog...but still, it's hard to see a loved one go...

Jenn said...

Stacey, Please don't feel that your blogs are gloomy. Sometimes life can be hard, and we go through difficult times that cause grieving. That is what we are here for, to encourage one another.

Thinking of you prayerfully. jenn

Shanilie said...

I wish I could be there to give you a hug as well. There are times when the blog is a place for cheer, ranting, encouragement, why shouldn't it be a place for emotional release as well. We can offer some support. Praying.

Mark & Rosalie Pauls & family said...

I'm a little behind but just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your losses. May God give you the peace in your heart that will give you a greater understanding of His unfailing love for you and your family.

Kalle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Death is always hard, no matter the closeness.

BundlebooMaMa said...

awww..Im sorry, recently my grandmother passed as well...my heart goes out to you and your family.

Diana said...

Hang in there Stacey. Our prayers are with you. There is not much else we can say at a time like this other than we have been there. We know the pain. Remember God is good and he is there walking along side you through it ALL.
Sometimes it is ok to be silent. We understand that there are no words for some feelings.

anita said...

tears here too...i'm sorry for your losses Stacey. ((hugs))