Monday, January 26, 2009

What I've been up too....

So, next Monday is my big open house! I'm very excited, but also very nervous. What if no one comes? What if I don't have enough product to show? What if I run into glitches that I don't know how to deal with? I still have a bunch of details to work out, but it's coming together.

I managed to find someone to make me an awesome logo. I LOVE it! I know not everyone will think my pirate is cute, but I think he's adorable, and I love that he brings out the play on words in my shop name. Check him out!

I also got some business cards made up, but they won't arrive until after my open house. Oh well :)

Here is your formal invitation to stop by my house next Monday! The door will be open from 10am - 4pm. Since I don't have the major $$ it takes to buy all the inventory, I will be doing some special ordering for people. I think it's also a great way to protect myself from having too much inventory that may not sell. I plan to have some to show though, and a great door prize, so try and stop by if you can. You can email me to get my address if you aren't sure where I live.

15 comments:

Ellen said...

I LOVE your cute little pirate - when I voted for this name that's exactly the play on words I was thinking you would take :) I would love to come out, but I don't think it will work out :) but I wish you all the best on your open house! I'm sure you will do just fine :) don't forget to enjoy it!

Lindsey Dueck said...

The pirate baby is ADORABLE! I love it! Congrats on getting everything up and running. Very exciting!

Jobina said...

I'm so proud of you and your entreprenurial skills! Way to go! I hope the open house goes great...sadly, I have no need of cloth diapers...not yet...someday I'll probably need them for myself, but by then hopefully your shop will be called Old Lady Booty Cloth Diaper Shop!!!

Carol said...

Congrats on your "new shop"! I am a photographer in wpg and have a feature on my blog where I interview women/mom run businesses in winnipeg/manitoba. Let me know if you'd be interested!

Shanilie said...

Sounds like everything is coming together. I would sooo love to go if I was still in Winnipeg. :( lol and i need all the cloth diapering info i can get. hope it goes well!

Stam House said...

LOVE the logo!!!! it's adorable! Best of luck for the open house!!!!

Bruce and Heather said...

count on me to be there:)

Andrea said...

How exciting! That little pirate logo is soooo cute. I love it! I wish I could come visit your open house...but 5 hrs. is just too long of a drive for me. ;) Oh well...I really hope it goes well for you though!

amy said...

I really want to come!!! I even have an order!! Let me know what to do with that.
Your little pirate is very cute! I'm so excited for you and don't think that you should be nervous about it at all! All the best! Talk to you soon.

Laura said...

That's exciting Stacey! I wish I lived close enough to stop by! I love the logo......very cute and well made.

Drea said...

ur logo is 2 cute!

Kenzie said...

So exciting! Can you tell me what kind of products you will be offering?

Stacey said...

I'm glad you all love my pirate baby!

~Carol~
Let me get things up and running, and then I might take you up on that!

~Kenzie~
I will be offering Mother-ease and Bummis products, as well as Snappis. I hope to bring in Monkey Doodlez sometime soon as well.

Dianna said...

Oh my that is the day [Feb2]we have to be int he city [Wpg] bright and early for an appt. @ the ped. wit my daughter. We want to go the day before Sun and stay the night cause it's a long drive from here with a infant also. Was looking forward to your open house

Susanna said...

If I lived close by I would be there!! I hope it goes well for you :)