Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hip Hop Abs... here I come!


I've needed to get in shape for a long time, so I finally decided to do something about it. Elaine has been doing Hip Hop Abs for a while, and she said it was a lot of fun, though a bit challenging, especially if you're like me and have two left feet and have never been to a dance EVER! (OK, so there was some dancing at grad, but I was too shy to even try.)

This afternoon I tried it out for the first time. It's challenging, to say the least! It was hard to keep up with all the moves, but I did make it ALMOST through the whole workout. I had to stop when there was about 3 minutes left.

So, I'm hoping this will help me to get more active and more fit. It was a lot of fun, and I'm sure once I know the moves a bit better, I'll really enjoy it. And who doesn't want hip hop abs!

6 comments:

Jobina said...

One of my friends has been getting up early every morning with her husband and doing that workout (can't you just see Keith doing that?!) Her husband has lost 20 pounds and she's lost 2.5 inches off her waist. I was inspired by you! I've always wanted the Turbo Jam workout so I just ordered it off ebay today (I checked out Hip hop abs but it's too much dancing for this girl! I'd rather punch the air!). Until it comes I'm going to commit to getting on my eliptical machine a few times a week! Something about spring being around the corner makes me want to get into shape!

Shanilie said...

Oh how I could use that right now! I used to love doing tae-bo and can't wait to get more in shape once this lil one is born. Haven't gained in this pregnancy so far which is more than I can say when I was pregnant with Jacob lol. So inspiring seeing other moms getting in shape. Glad you are enjoying it.

Mom said...

Hey...maybe Nana should join in on the fun ;)

Lindsey Dueck said...

JOBINA! I totally have Turbo Jam! I have had it for two weeks and still haven't opened it... very soon...

BundlebooMaMa said...

keep us updated on how its working for you...I have a baaaad habit of starting something like that and stopping half way thru.

Melanie said...

I just got Turbo Jam and despite also having some co-ordination difficulties am enjoying the total workout.