Friday, February 27, 2009

The Hit & Day Two

This morning we had Heather and Selah over to play. I decided to take some pictures of them playing, since I already needed to take some pictures for a review on Glimpse today. While snapping pictures, I caught 'the hit'.
Yes, that's right. Bria smacked Selah in the head because she didn't want her to touch Rowan's guitar. How do you teach your kids not to hit? Rowan never had trouble with this, as far as I can remember. Bria's just a whole other ball game :) But what a sweetie when she wants to be.We had some super yummy waffles for lunch too. Here's the recipe, for those who would like a hearty, healthier waffle:

Oatmeal Waffles
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 beaten egg
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oil

Mix everything together. I beat the eggs really well first. I also added a little bit of water, because the batter seemed really thick.

Waffle Sauce
2 cups milk
3 Tbsp cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar

Beat everything together really well in a small pot. Heat til bubbling and thickened. AWESOME on waffles, and can also be used as a vanilla pudding.
1 tsp vanilla

And just so you know, I did Hip Hop Abs already this morning. It was much easier to follow the second time, since I had seen all the moves before. I also chose the option of louder music, which was very helpful, since it's easier to move along with the beat when you can hear it! I made it through the whole workout, but let me tell you, it wasn't easy. And then I proceeded to vaccuum the living room really well, in all the corners, etc. That was a work out in itself :) Oh, and the kids thought Hip Hop Abs was great too!

12 comments:

Alyssa said...

Cute pigtails, Bria;)

3 for Me! said...

Hitting is hard. I would explain to bria that it's not allowed and that she needs to say "sorry" to her little friend (or whoever she hits). Make sure she knows that it's not nice and will not be allowed.

Then if she does it again I would explain again and discipline her (how ever you do it). Then again have her apologize.

I don't remember my oldest daugher doing it either but she was the only child and no regular playdates... so there wasn't the opportunity:) Now that I have three it seems to be a phase the other two have gone through... and aren't completely over.

EH said...

Every kid is different... it has so much to do with their temperment. Our oldest was sweet but strong willed. Our second like to bite and nothing we did or said helped. Our third didn't need a discipline until she reached the age of 2 (a blessing indeed). And our fourth, sweet but has bit and hit on an occation. Just keep at it... let them know they can't get away with it and one day it will stop.
On another note... I should have came here long ago and shared this with you. Some time back you were going through a difficult time with your eczema. Our oldest has suffered with eczema on his legs since he was 1.. this fall we started him on natural antibacterial tablets we got from a naturalpath. His legs cleared up in about two weeks time and he is staying clear.

Lindsey Dueck said...

I love Bria's shirt!! ;)

Stam House said...

Love the pictures and those recipe sound sooo yummy!

Jobina said...

First, I LOVE Bria's hair...so cute!
Ok, hitting...I lie what "3 for me" said about correcting and getting the child to apologize, then dishing out the regular discipline if she does it again. The key, of course, is being consistent. Both of my kids wen through this (though Trinity was quite young when she started). Nice picture capturing it!

Andrea said...

Uh oh...I know I've had it easy with Tate - not hitting so far...but Emily might be another story! And people say boys are harder to raise??? haha. :)

Bundleboo MaMa said...

Thanks for the recipe! Hitting is tough...because I believe that like biting and other premature signs of frustration they will soon grow out of it. I hold there hand gently and say "no hitting your sister..(or who ever)is not nice..." you may hit a pillow if you are angry and need to hit something. And show them what is soft and available to beat on. If this is how they want to release frustration... then let the wail on something that wont harm anyone. I hope that makes sense.

Laura said...

thanks for the recipe! I made them this morning and they're yummy. And FILLING!!! One is definitely enough.

Susanna said...

I love Bria's pigtails! And cute outfit too :)

Ellen said...

I think it's difficult when we see our child doing something like that because we see that as a reflection of our parenting. I have learned that when your kids do bad things it doesn't make us bad parents, but it is what we do with it that makes the difference. I know you'll do just fine dealing with the hitting, it just takes patience and time :) I know, easier said than done!

Ellen said...

oh and by the way, I put in an order for your bow party.. I know it's late on today, but I hope it still counts towards it!