Friday, February 06, 2009

Monday and new job :)

So, my D&C will be on Monday at 7:15am. I can say that I definitely have mixed feelings about it. I'm terrified of surgery, I don't like male Doctors, and well, it's just not a fun situation over all. At least the Doctor that will be doing my D&C was nice. Hopefully it will all go well. I would appreciate your prayers.

In other news, totally unrelated, and therefore REFRESHING, Keith has made it through his first week at a new job! A couple Fridays ago he told me that he was going in to the office that day for a job interview. I knew NOTHING about this, and was very excited. By Tuesday they had called him back and offered him the job, and he started this Monday! Nothing like moving quickly :)

So, now he gets to work in town, wear nice clothes to work, come home smelling fresh and clean (instead of like rotting soybeans), and have regular hours of 8-5! Oh, and he can even bike to work in summer, which we be nice. Can you tell I like his new job? I'm pretty sure he would say he likes it too. It's very different for him, working in an office, but I think he's doing a great job. Horray for good changes!

7 comments:

3 for Me! said...

We will be lifting up in prayer!

And glad for the new job and easy transition!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Keith!! I'm so excited for you!!! I hope you love your job.
I'll be thinking about you on Monday Stacey.
Love you guys!
~michelle

Bruce and Heather said...

What I wouldn't give for Bruce to have an office job...

Mark said...

Congratulations Keith, we are very happy for you both!

Stam House said...

Congrats Keith for the new job!!! and prayer for you my dear!

Anonymous said...

I remember having my D&Cs. I was anxious about it, too. It was hard, but it was also closure, which means space for a new beginning.

I hope that staff remember to offer you a cd player and music... If they do, or if you ask and they have it available, you may see an inscription for Promise and Patience (our first two angels) and "Percy" whom we later named Griffon..... that's because Ian and I donated those specifically for women in your situation. If you do use them, know that others walk this journey with you or have walked it before you... That God held our hands, and He will hold yours. You are not alone, and neither is your baby. Jesus' Rocking Chair already holds that little one.........
Congratulations on the job for Keith!

Marilyn from the church playgroup

Anonymous said...

Just adding.... we named our little ones after our loss as a way of acknowledging and remembering them. We chose names according to what they represented for us..
promise---- promise for the future
patience-- patience in waiting for God's will for our family
percy/perseverance---- to continue to trust in God's promises with patience..... your ways of remembering are beautiful and very fitting.
marilyn