Tuesday, February 10, 2009

OK, so maybe I'm a wimp

Yesterday was a really really long day. I was at the hospital at 7:15am, and scheduled for the D&C at 8. The nurse had me all prepped and ready to go, but the Doctor didn't show up until 10! He didn't give any excuses either, but just went on as if nothing happened. Keith was ready to rip into him a little.

Of course, since he was so late, the Anesthetist had another appointment and wasn't available until almost 11. Ugh. Did I mention that I hate IVs? Yeah. It was bothering me all morning.

Anyway, once I woke up, I lay there for a long time trying to think clearly and figure out where I was. I heard the nurses saying something about my blood pressure being too low. I don't know what 83 over 50 means, but that's what it was the first time I looked. I was there for about an hour before they let Keith see me.

And then I got sick from the anesthesia. I didn't throw up, but felt really nauseated. It was not fun, and the nurse decided to give me something for the nausea. I fell asleep within a couple minutes, and slept away the afternoon. By 5 I was OK enough to go home. So much for a short simple procedure :)

Today I still feel nauseated every once in a while, and I'm super tired. It's time for a nap.

12 comments:

Shanilie said...

Well all I can say is I am glad it is all taken care of. The nausea and fatigue don't sound pleasant either.

Ugh, can't believe the Dr. showed up late. I'd be getting a little annoyed. Glad you're home and that your man was there with you.

michelle said...

Glad that the procedure is finally behind you. Hope you feel better after your nap!

Dianna said...

aww that is too bad. Such a nice hospital but poor service shouldn't be like that. Hope u feel better soon.
I think it was u who also tagged me in 25 things about me I finally did it go to my blog to read it

Laura said...

I don't think you're a wimp. You made it through a very scary and sad procedure. It must feel good to have it overwith!

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. And you are so not a wimp. Today was no doubt a very emotional day.

Stam House said...

83 over 50 means that it take 83 of pressure to open the heart to let the blood go in and 50 pressure to get it out the norm is 120 over 80

So blood pressure was a bit on the low side.

Hope you feel better soon!

Andrea said...

Aww...that's rough...and nope, there's no way you're a wimp! Not even close. I'm sure I'd have been much more wimpier than you were...MUCH more!! I hope you feel better soon though...

Mrs. S said...

I bet they gave you promethazine. It helps with nausea but makes you really tired. I'm so sorry this wasn't a short procedure. It's so frustrating when doctors are late and act like it doesn't matter.

I'm still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Get lots of rest. I felt twinges that felt as though strings were pulling at me inside. Totally normal under the circumstances. Remember to take it easy and that the procedure is also a very emotional one in addition to the physical aspects of it. With lifting, often bleeding will increase for a while.

Marilyn

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Sorry for the ordeal, Stacey (you're not a wimp)... I'm sure it is not a pleasant procedure. I've heard about it from others and hope I never have to go through that. I hope & pray you recover quickly and smoothly.

Blessings,
Aunt Brenda

Kalle said...

Short procedure or not, it's an emotional one. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

That definetly doesn't sound very exciting. I wish people would have more respect. But don't you feel good that it is done now? I hope you will feel better by tomorrow. take care and God bless

Irina