Thursday, February 05, 2009

A way to remember

A few weeks ago, shortly after I found out that our little one was gone, I wanted to find a way to remember this baby. I searched around for different miscarriage remembrance jewelry, but didnt' find anything I liked, nothing that was really me.

Then I remembered that on Etsy, there is something called Alchemy. With Alchemy, you can post your request, with specific details, and then other artists on Etsy can bid on your request. The tell you what they would make for you if they won the bid, and then how much it would cost.

I found so many amazing artisans on Etsy. There are a few bids that stick out in my mind as being very special.

This one has a very special story behind it, and I considered it pretty seriously. It just wasn't really my style though, the hand stamped stuff.

This Etsy artist offered me a different piece, but I really loved the one pictured here. I would have put a ruby red bead in instead of the pink bead, to represent the month I was due.




I ended up picking two bids, because I just couldn't decide between a necklace or a ring. I love them both!

First, the ring. This ring has three red beads, to symbolize each of my 3 July babies. The two I have with me, and the one that couldn't stay.

The necklace is also very symbolic, and very beautiful. Click on this link to read more about it.




And, to finally, hopefully end this long long process of miscarriage that I've had, I will be having a D&C. I go today to meet with the Doctor who will do the procedure. It makes me sick to think of it. I'm such a wimp.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Great choices Stacey!

Hope all goes well with the D&C, praying peace for your heart.

Shanilie said...

What a wonderful idea. I love all the choices. It is very understandable that you would have nervous feelings about the D&C. I will be praying for you.

Kenzie said...

Wow that necklace is beautiful. I hope all goes well today at the dr's and I'll keep you in my prayers.