Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Another reason to go more natural


I just got back from finding Bria rubbing my deodorant all over her face and hair. YUCK! But you know what, I'm not really worried about it because my deodorant is pretty harmless, other than a little fragrance in it. I'm so thankful all the time that I have chosen to use mostly natural products in our home.

Bria may look cute and innocent, but she's so BUSY!!! Seriously, I cannot keep track of everything she gets into. Most of the time all the doors in the house are closed, so she can't do much damage, but every once in a while someone leaves the bathroom door open, or our bedroom door gets left open. She has eaten many chunks out of my lip balm, but the ingredients consist of olive oil, beeswax, and honey. Nothing wrong with that, though it's a bit of a pain that my lip balm disappears so fast!

So here's my challenge for you today... see what items in your house you can replace with something safer. You won't regret it.

11 comments:

Evan and Mel said...

Thank you for the congratulations on my blog comments. Unfortunately Evan and I said good bye to our baby on Monday. I had a ultrasound because I started spotting on Sunday, our babies heart had stopped beating. I was 11 weeks and 6 days.
I am now waiting on my D&C which should be near the end of the week.

Wenona said...

I found your blog through another friends and I agree, if you can do things more naturally, then do it! What kind of deodorant do you use that is natural? I have been trying to find an alternative.
Most of my cleaning products and detergents are natural, so it makes me feel better that I am doing what I can!

Stacey said...

Hi Wenona :) I think I read your blog before you decided to make it private. Hope you are doing well! The deodorant that I have right now is from Melalueca, but I would like to try this one next:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=11203940

Bruce and Heather said...

I need to switch to a better dishwasher detergent. I know Nelly's has some. I haven't really checked what else is out there.

liane said...

I agree! I buy my deodorant at the health habit. So far I don't have very many "natural" products, besides cleaners and laundry detergent. I like to shop locally and haven't found stuff I like and where the price is right too. I need some good dishwasher detergent too!

Kenzie said...

Great post as usual Stacey! Good challenge too.
Something we all need to do!

sheila said...

As organic and "au naturel" as you are Stacey, I seriously think you should consider attending this organic conference that your Uncle Ken just came back from. They teach everything organic from gardening to cooking. Everything Ken ate at this conference for 3 days straight was organic, and he loved it. I'm planning on going next year. Some great ideas on how to really live organic. Just a little thought and suggestion for you!

Stacey said...

That sounds great Sheila! I'd love to hear more about it.

Laura Thiessen said...

Costco has a great line of natural laundry and dish detergents which are also safe for high efficiency washing machines. The packaging is also natural, so it's good for the environment in several ways!

Sara said...

Liane...I tried the Bio-Green DW detergent, and it worked well.

Shanilie said...

Yes, thank goodness! I keep a child safety lock now on the cupboards in the bathroom. Jacob loved to put Vaseline through his hair :s But it is good to have a natural deodorant. So many these days are only available in antiperspirants which are filled with harsh scents and chemicals.