Monday, March 02, 2009

Day 5


Today was day 5 of Hip Hop Abs. Let's just say it was hard to get motivated ;) I woke up tired. We were out with the Senior Youth last night and got home a little late. Bria sure didn't sleep well, which meant that I didn't sleep well either. So, I walked around (sat around) in my pajamas all morning.

After I had the kids in their beds for their naps, I fell asleep on the couch for a while. Yup, I continued my lousy day. But, when I woke up (when Bria woke up) I sat her down on the chair, and started Hip Hop Abs. It's amazing how all of a sudden I had energy! I love it. I enjoy the workout, and always feel so much better afterward.

I put an ad on our local classified website this morning, looking for either Turbo Jam or P90X. Has anyone tried either one? Drea is currently doing P90X, but I think she was in waaay better shape than I am when she started. I'm not sure I could keep up. Anyway, I got a couple calls, and an email. Is $40 for the Turbo Jam set of 5 DVD's a good deal? How about $50 for P90X? I'm really trying to decide which one I want to try. It would be nice to be able to give Elaine's DVD's back.

10 comments:

Jobina said...

I bought my Turbo jam off ebay from a seller in Quebec. He's selling it for $0.99 plus shipping and has a 100% rating on 25 sales already. With shipping it worked out to $14 Canadian for the 5 workouts. He's doing another auction right now and has 4 left to sell last time I checked. I think the auction ends tomorrow.

Mom said...

You can always check the library.

Dayna said...

ok, this comment is totally not dvd or workout related... i dreamt about you and bria last night. we were at a pool, just walking along the perimeter of it, when bria jumps into the deep-end, completely on purpose! i was about to freak out when i saw how well she could swim. what a talented little girl! you jumped in from the shallow end and met her in the middle. she was completely composed and had enjoyed her swim... (maybe this is a workout-related post after all?) there was more about cloth diapers and houses and boats and rivers and tvs and so on.... :)

Shanilie said...

Wow that is a really good deal for 5 cd's. I am really looking for something to do while I am pregnant. Not too aerobic, but something safe, get a good sweat and slow stretches or something....any ideas?

Melanie said...

I bought my Turbo Jam off ebay for $13 - two DVD set. Researching both the Turbo Jam and p90x I think the Turbo is best, but that's my take.

For 5 DVDs that's a good deal, but make sure that the first one with Learn & Burn is on there. That's crucial for learning the moves correctly. :)

Drea said...

im not in great shape LOL really.. u could do p90x .. it kicks ur butt to begin with but gets easier each week..i relaly do like the workouts

Lindsey Dueck said...

I ordered my Turbo Jam from the BeachBody website, and it was $75 and it came with another work out DVD, a guidebook, and those leg and wrist weighs. Yeah... i should have went on E-bay....

Oh! With Turbo Jame there are not 5 DVDS, just 5 workouts on two different DVDs. I think I am going to start it right now.....Thanks for the motivation! I have had it for like 2 months...

Lindsey Dueck said...

Alright!! I just did the learn and burn workout! I was really good! The moves are not too terribly hard, and it seems lots of fun! When I was watching the infomercials late one night, I just though TurboJam looked more fun than P90x. Time will tell what the results are!

Melanie said...

Yeah, I saw the ad on PVonline and now I'm wondering whether that's really a good deal. I bought 2 DVDs, 1 with all 5 of those same workouts on it... you do the math. I think it's cheaper on ebay. Just a heads up.

Angela said...

If your wondering about Turbo Jam we have a class 3X/week here in Altona. Vanessa is our amazing instructor and has passed her test with Charlene herself. Its a $2 drop in fee on Mon,Wed and Thur. Its a great way to get the moves down pact even for just working out at home.