Thursday, March 12, 2009

He really does love her


Some days it's hard to tell whether or not Rowan and Bria really like each other. Between the fighting and bugging, I know the love is there, but they just get annoyed with each other sometimes. I certainly don't think my kids are always fighting, but we all have those days...

Yet there are those special moments that just melt your heart. Like yesterday. I was getting Bria ready to have her nap, and Rowan came into her room asking if he could rock her :) I usually rock Bria while she has some milk, and I sing to her.

So Rowan climbed onto the rocking chair and I put Bria in his lap. She sure looked big laying there. Yet he still wanted to hold her. And then he started singing :) Jesus Loves Me, You Are My Sunshine, Jesus Loves The Little Children, etc. It was the sweetest thing ever. Then they gave each other hugs and kisses, and Bria was off to bed.

It's moments like these that I want to cherish forever.

4 comments:

EH said...

Cute. It's a little like us and our hubbies... times when we are annoyed and times that we sweet on each other {kids are just much more dramatic}.

Bruce and Heather said...

That is so sweet:)

Nana said...

He played the role of "big brother" quite nicely when they were here.

Ellen said...

I so know what you mean! Some days you wonder how they feel about each other, and then you find them giggling together or doing something so sweet like that, there is no question :) siblings for life :)