Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Almighty God?

Rowan loves to sing. He sings all kinds of songs all day long. One thing I find really strange though, is how he takes songs that we sing in church, and sings them the way they sound to him. He doesn't understand all the words, so he just sings the sounds. Here's an example for you. He is singing my favorite worship song, Almighty God by Tim Hughes. He continues on to be silly and sing a couple other songs for Grandma & Grandpa. Enjoy!


video

And if you'd like to hear the way the song should really go, here's a video I found on YouTube with the Tim Hughes version of the song :)

8 comments:

sheila said...

At that age most kids don't know all the words to our songs. My boys did the exact same thing at that age, mixing their own words into the song. It's always nice to hear children sing, no matter how they might mix up the words. Being original is great!

Stam House said...

Oh what a sweetie I love hearing children signing! Rebekah is starting to say Yesssss to Jesus loves me we just love it!

3 for Me! said...

so fun!!!

I'm just LOVing your new layout!! And especialy your header:)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think i did that when i was little too (make up my own words) and now when i'm singing some of those hymns, i sing the wrong words...kinda embarressing at times =P Oh ya and i love Rowans falsetto- talented kid.

And i also love the new look to your blog. I showed great grandma f. those pics of rowan and bria and she loved them:)

~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the singing, Rowan! I loved it. Can't wait to see all of you this coming weekend.
Mom

Kenzie said...

That was the best. I had Jordyn up when I read and listened to this and she danced away to Rowan's singing! too cute.

Drea said...

awe :)

designHER Momma said...

love little ones singing...nothing sweeter.