Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation Post #1~ From Home to Nashville

I figure I'll try and post a little bit each day about our trip. Hopefully I'll get it all done and still remember what all the pictures are about!

We left Friday, May29th around 6pm. Not bad, considering the crazy day that it was! We drove only a few hours, to Fargo, ND. We spent the night in an aging Super 8, and endured the sound of the door slamming whenever someone would enter the building. Not cool. Thankfully it was just one night!
~The Welcome Building in Iowa~

Saturday morning we began our real journey. Our stop that night was in Mt. Pleasant, IA. A small town near the southern border of Iowa. We had a really friendly front desk attendant, who gave us directions to a cozy little Mexican restaurant for supper. It was so neat! I loved the colorful napkins on the tables, and the food was awesome too. Definitely not fat free :)~Fountain in the town square in Mt. Pleasant~


We decided to check out the rest of the town, since we had seen some gorgeous old houses on our way to the restaurant. We walked around a couple blocks and took a few pictures. It was a really pretty old town.

Sunday morning we hopped back into the car and drove to Nashville. We arrived sometime in the afternoon, at our GORGEOUS hotel! We decided to splurge on one nice hotel, just because. We chose the Union Station hotel in Nashville. They basically converted the old train station into a hotel, and it was a gorgeous building to begin with. We did have an interesting time checking in though. They gave us keys to our room, but when I opened the door, there was someone's dirty underwear lying on the floor, and I could hear someone breathing around the corner! I was very disturbed, and sent Keith down to get us a new room.~Elevator mirrors :)~

~View from inside our room into the 'hall' or balcony of our hotel~



We got to experience a bit of the night life in Nashville as well. Our hotel was only a couple blocks from all the bars. We had an interesting time trying to find a place to eat. Keith and I have never been in a bar before, so we weren't sure where to go, or what was good! After we ate, we enjoyed some live music, and tried to avoid the extremely drunk woman that was flailing around the dance floor. Seriously, I hope she was at least a little embarrassed by herself. It was awful.
~This is where we ate. I believe it was called Rippy's. We had live music during our meal too, which was fun.~

~Enjoying some more live music, trying to avoid the crazy blond chick~

Monday morning we wanted to check out Opryland. So we went to the mall first, and then to the hotel. WOW! Unbelievable. Is it weird that it actually made me kind of sad to think of all the money it takes to keep that place running? I mean, it's beautiful, and very fun, but it all just seemed a little wasteful to me. I think I'm just weird. Whatever :)
~All of this is indoor~

Tomorrow I'll post about our time in Chattanooga, and possible Charleston.

9 comments:

Mrs. S said...

Was this a trip sans kids?!?! Wow! Good for you!

And, no, I really appreciate all the information about slings. I may wait until after the baby's born to buy one, just for financial reasons. I mean, and I have that beautiful mai tai and then I do have a baby backpack. So if I don't get a sling, it's not the end of the world! I can still carry him or her around.

And thank you so much. I feel so much better this pregnancy than I did with Tristan. Well...until recently. Now I just feel - full is the only word to describe it.

Bundleboo MaMa said...

wow... looks like you guys are having a blast!! Sorry I've not been here in a while! Your bump is adorable! BTW loved the photos Drea took of you two!

Sara said...

Great pictures Stacey....too bad about the 'blonde' but I guess we're bound to meet people like that every once in a while. Let's say a prayer for her, whoever she is.

Niki said...

Looks like a great start to your trip! You've got some wonderful pictures!

Stacey said...

~Bundleboo Mama

Just wondering what you mean by bump...

Anonymous said...

I think she meant the baby bump!

Anonymous said...

Well this is an interesting twist...

Don't want anyone to get offended here but as far as I know my wife is not expecting!

Hubbie Keith

Drea said...

I think it was the hand placement, she doesnt look bumpy lol

Susanna said...

I love the elevator picture!! What an amazing trip for you and Keith - wow.

What's this about a "bump"? Have I missed something?!