Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Today marks two special events. First of all, Bria turns 2 today! Secondly, today I would have been due with our third baby. I'm trying not to think about that too much today though, as I just want to celebrate with the little one that I have.

Ah, where to begin with Bria :) Spunky, firey, full of life, mischievous, expressive, animated. The list could go on and on for this funny little girl.

Two years ago, I was rather impatiently waiting for my labor to begin. Walking, cleaning, just wishing. And then, when those first contractions hit, I didn't know if I was ready!

This is right before Keith and I left for the hospital. Those are roses from our anniversary :)


After 3 short hours of labor, we welcomed our little girl into the world. I was so surprised that we had a girl. I just kind of figured we would have another boy.


Bria is so much fun to have around. She loves books, being outside, eating everything in my garden, singing, and is learning her ABCs. I'm so proud of her.

So Bria, I hope your day is full of fun and happiness. You are so special, and I love you very much!

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Bria!! hope you guys have a wonderful celebration!! Stacey could you email me (so I have your email address - I deleted your last email before saving the address, oops)

Jobina said...

Happy birthday Bria!!!

Laura said...

what a sweet little girl. I can't believe she's 2 already! I hope you guys have a fun day.

Congrats on the new little miracle growing inside you! Very exciting. And I love the new pregnancy ticker! Fun fun.

Kenzie said...

Happy Birthday Bria! What a beautiful little girl :)

Nana said...

Happy Birthday cutie...see you soon!!

Steph and Mitch T said...

She is so precious...Happy birthday, Bria!

Eva said...

Happy birthday to your little girl. I didn't know you were expecting... guess I should visit here more often. congrats.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bria!! 2 already! wow! What a special day and a special little lady!

I am so happy that on this bittersweet milestone, you have a new little gift from God already growing. I know it doesn't erase anything, but for me, it helped a little bit, although I was scared.... Hand in hand, God helped me through.

Marilyn

Jamy said...

Happy Birthday Bria!

And a big congratulations to you guys Stacey. Hope you are feeling well. I was excited when I saw the pregnancy ticker on your blog.

Michelle said...

Okay, so your third baby COULD have shared her birthday. Is that right?

I've got something weird too. This baby was conceived on the EXACT same day as my last baby was. WEIRD HUH??? And this will be our third January baby, in a row. Guess I just get my fertility back at the same time every time.

Now is this a new pregnancy announcement. Cause I was just on your blog last week or so and didnt notice you were pregnant.

Shanilie said...

I can imagine it definitely is a bitter sweet time. I hope Bria had a wonderful birthday!

HAPPY B-DAY BRIA