Monday, July 06, 2009

What's up with us anyway?

I haven't really written any fun family posts lately, so today I'm gonna give it a try!

Hmmm... where to start. How about with the littlest Friesen. Bria is growing up way too fast. I know that's totally cliche, but it's so true! She's turning into my polite little girl too. She says Thank you for everything, and sorry Mommy, and it's just so cute.

She's also well on her way to being potty trained! She's been totally dry for a couple days in a row, though last night she decided to pee in her pants like 3 times in an hour. She knows what she's doing and she's just stubborn. I'll put her on the toilet and she'll say, "No pee Mommy". So I take her off, and she pees 5 minutes later. Oh well, it will come. She's not quite two yet.

What else is new with Bria... Well, I did cut her hair the other night. Just trimmed off the wispy ends. She now has a cute little bob. Might not be totally straight, but I honestly don't know if anyone could have cut it straight, the way she turned her head every two seconds!

Bria also loves to be outside, eating everything green in the garden. Rhubarb, sorrel leaves, green strawberries, green onions, you name it! It's kind of funny that she just grazes, but it's annoying that she eats all the strawberries before they get a chance to turn red. Little stinker.

Bria really isn't into learning the alphabet or numbers yet. She can say one, two, three, and ABCDEF. It'll come though.

Rowan, on the other hand, sounds like a little genius already! He knows all the letters, can recognize them if he sees them, and knows the sounds they make! I bought the leap frog Talking Letters and Talking Words DVDs for him a while ago, and he learned it all in about 2 or 3 days! Insane. He's always 'reading' signs and spelling the names out loud. He also asks me how to spell a word here and there. I don't know if he's remembering the actual order of the letters, but he does know some words.

Rowan will be turning 4 in just two weeks! Exactly two weeks. I can't believe it! He's grown into such a big boy. He got a haircut the other night too. He was starting to look really shaggy, and my parents are on holidays (Mom usually cuts his hair) so I took the clippers and buzzed it off :) Not too short, just right.

Rowan still loves trains, cars, and watching movies. I think we'll do a Cars themed birthday party. Any ideas for his first real birthday party with friends? I'm new at this :)

Rowan and Bria both nap in the afternoons still, so that's my quiet time to relax. In fact, I think I'm going to try for a nap today. I think I stayed up too late last night.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Awww....I miss you all a whole lot!! Great post!

Kenzie said...

birthday party advice? keep it short ;)
If you serve juice boxes it can help avoid spills.

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Thanks for the update! I love the cliche, "they grow up too fast" ... cracks me up how I still say that after 18 years. I think all of us moms do that, and grandmas too :) Your kids are so cute...it's wonderful to hear how they are learning and growing. You're doing a great job as a MOM, Stacey! =)

Blessings,
Aunt Brenda