Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One down, one to go

This morning I had the opportunity to share with the Growing With Mom group in our neighboring town. I was super excited, yet super nervous to do this. You never know how people will receive you.

I was sharing my knowledge of baby wearing and cloth diapers with a group of young mothers, and they honestly seemed interested. I've been trying to think of ways that I can advertise Baby Booty without all the expense. We really can't afford to be handing out flyers or putting ads on billboards, so this was a free way to get a little exposure.

I had a handful of moms who seemed very interested, and I really really hope something comes of it. August always hits us hard financially, as we have all of our major bills due at one time. Ouch. If I could make a few $$ by selling diapers, that would help us a lot.

It was a lot of fun talking about baby wearing again too, since I haven't really done it in a while. Bria's just too heavy and she doesn't want to be carried anyway. She's far too busy making trouble :) I met a woman last week who helped me demonstrate some carriers as well. She's got a beautiful Didy and she was more than happy to share her experiences. I think we will get along great, once we've had more time to get to know each other!

Next week we will be sharing the same presentation, only in my hometown. So that should be fun and crazy!! It's pretty hard to hold the attention of 20+ mothers and all the babies.

It all makes me anxious to meet our new little one. But more than that, I can't stop worrying about whether or not this baby will make it. There is nothing there to say that it isn't 100% healthy, but I think anyone who has miscarried before just has this fear. I want to hear the heart beat. I want to feel the movement. But so far, nothing.

There is a new mom in the blogging world that I would like you to meet. She actually lives just down the street from me, and I've never actually met her in person! Anyway, her name is Crystal, and if you believe in the power of prayer, I want to ask you to head over to her blog, read her story, and ask God to heal the baby that she is carrying. I want her to have that chance to love and care for her baby. At this point, her baby is going to have a lot of struggles health wise, and it's sort of unknown what the outcome will be. They really could use your prayers.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait for your presentation! I was always anxious to hear the heartbeat too. Though after miscarrying I'm sure you would be even more so.

Jay Boaz said...

Have you put any ads on websites like www.usedwinnipeg.com or www.kijiji.ca ? Just put up a listing, it doesn't cost you anything. I've seen other companies do it (Regent Pawn, for example), don't see why you can't. There is even an option to mark your products are new, not used.

Stacey said...

I actually have put ads on both sites, but they target audience isn't quite what I'm looking for. I have several Winnipeg moms contact me, but I don't ship my products, so unless they want to drive out here, it's kind of useless.

S Club Mama said...

Of course you're nervous about the baby; I can't imagine (although I am sort of paranoid so I'm nervous the entire way through my pregnancies, too).

And I'm sure you did (and will do) great on your presentation. If you have a passion for something (as you do) then it usually shows when you talk. :)

Wenona said...

I have always been interested in cloth diapering but never got it all figured out before my first came! I just had a great conversation with someone who sells them and I think I will keep them in mind if we have another! And then I'll make sure to keep you in mind! (sorry, that doesn't help sales for August, but maybe in the future!)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh what a great opportunity! And I am heading over to Crystal's blog now...

Steph

Andrea said...

Congrats on your presentation and I hope it brings good business for you. All takes time.

Yes we all have that fear after miscarriage. I had it really, really badly with this baby more so than the baby right after Amelia. God's will even though it's hard. Hugs to you Stacey.