Friday, September 11, 2009

16 Weeks

Here's something fun that I found over at my friend Jamy's blog. I will get around to posting pictures yet, but not today. I'm still in my comfy clothes, ponytail, and no makeup. It wouldn't be pretty :)

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: somewhere between 7-10 lbs

Maternity clothes? Some yes, some no.

Stretch marks? No new ones, just those wonderful reminders of past pregnancies!

Sleep: I have been sleeping fairly well, considering.

Best moment this week: I'm totally sure I'm feeling the baby move now :)

Movement: Just tiny pokes and flutters.

Food cravings: Lemon water. I drink it every afternoon. A nice fresh slice of lemon... yum!

Gender: We won't be finding out intentionally. But if the ultrasound shows kidney problems, then we can be pretty sure it's a girl.

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Feelings of motivation, and eating good food.

What I am looking forward to: When Rowan and Bria can feel their little brother or sister moving!

Weekly Wisdom: Just getting back into baby wearing mode. So my wisdom for the week is just that you need to hold those babies, and not shove them in a car seat all day!

Milestones: Heard the heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday :) Now that was awesome.

7 comments:

S Club Mama said...

kidney problems??

sheplaysaccordian123.blogspot.com said...

I need to comment on your weekly wisdom, even though I don't have babies anymore. There are a lot of women who aren't "babywearers", and these nonbabywearers do not "shove" their babies into their carseats. If my boys weren't sleeping in their cribs, then I was holding them bundled up in their blankets. I think you need to be very careful how you word your "babywearing", 'cause there are a lot of women that would take offense to that. I'm all for promoting what you're passionate about 'cause I do the same thing, but you need to be sensitive to others who wish to hold their babies without bundling them up in a wrap, or even choose to put them into a carseat for a while, etc. What works for you doesn't always work for the next person.

Stacey said...

Notice that I didn't say you need to 'wear' those babies... I said 'hold' :) Whether it's holding or wearing, our babies need the touch and closeness.

Car seats were never meant to be for use in homes. They are a safety mechanism for travel. There is actually research showing that it impairs the airflow to the baby when they are in a car seat.

Stam House said...

I glad to see thing are well :-)

sheplaysaccordian123.blogspot.com said...

Touche, you did say hold. :)
However, the comment about babies being shoved into their carseats came across as though those who don't constantly hold their babies "shove" their babies into their respective carseats, which, I know is false. When our boys weren't sleeping in their cribs, I was rocking them in the rocking chair, they even got put into their swing once in a while, but I don't beleive that babies need to be held 24/7, in fact, I don't think that's healthy. At some point in a child's life, they need to learn to detach themselves from their parents. I do know some women who had their babies latched onto them at all times, and when kindergarten rolled around, it was a Huge issue for the child to detach themselves from momma, and caused problems for the kindergarten teacher as well. Sorry, not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to give you a different perspective from real situations that have happened to a few women I know. Not that I went through this, but we've had other issues which I'm sure you are aware of, so I'll leave it at that.
Anyways, all the best with your pregnancy, babywearing and all things baby!

Stacey said...

Well, I can totally agree with you too. And for the record, I think you are an awesome Mom to your boys :)

It just really bothers me when Mothers think it's OK to leave their baby in a car seat all day. When they think that any type of holding will spoil their baby.

I'm sure you've noticed that I don't hold my kids all the time. But they do get snuggles when they need them. My kids both slept well in their own cribs, and napped in their cribs as well.

Erica Hildebrand said...

16 weeks already! Wow! I have a feeling you're having a girl - for some reason the things you're craving and not craving makes me think you're having a girl!