Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Little heart beating

So, today was midwife appointment number 3. I gave 4 vials of blood, had good PH levels, and got to hear that sweet little heart beating for the first time! And it came through at 150. I couldn't help but smile :) That's one of the most awesome things during pregnancy, besides feeling movement. Which, I think I'm finally starting to feel! Little flutters :)

Anyway, I didn't get weighed today, but I *think* I'm at around 157 or so. My scale is so not accurate, so that's just a rough guess. I'm definitely gaining faster this time than I have before. I think it's time to step back, and start eating healthier and try not to worry about the pounds packing on. I'm thinking Keith will absolutely DIE if I follow through, but I'm really thinking about cutting out all beef and pork. Sounds drastic, I know. But right now beef just grosses me out anyway, and makes me feel sick, and pork just isn't very healthy. Anyone have some good chicken, fish, or vegetarian recipes? Low fat?

I'm hoping to go to some classes starting up next week, all about healthy lifestyle changes. Taught by my friend Candice, who just happens to be the Dietitian at our local clinic. Should be fun and informative. I love learning. Especially about how to take care of my body better.

8 comments:

Drea said...

im sad. no belly pic :( wah wah, hehe but im happy for the little heart beating

Jobina said...

I've got recipes, but my mind fails me right now. I've actually been eating more meat since I got pregnant (about 4-5 times a week), I think the other tricks are to use less dairy, since cheese is full of fat and cream and cream soups don't help either. I've been snacking on a lot of fruits and veggies but this week I've got an insatiable craving for avocados! I think the pounds might be coming soon!
Gotta love those little heartbeats!

Ellen said...

YAY!! I always loved that first appointment when you could finally hear that little heartbeat!! Although I think it's always a good thing to have a healthy lifestyle - I wouldn't make drastic cuts or changes while you are pregnant - ensuring that you are getting all the nutrients your body needs.. try not to think too much about the numbers but rather healthy eating for the growth of your baby!! :) I have a fish cake recipe that I like - www.kraftcanada.ca and search fish cakes, I'm sure you could alter it a little to make it more healthy if you like (oh and my kids LOVE these). We don't eat a ton of fish, but I started buying fozen sole fillets (from Costco) just rub them with lemon pepper or your favorite seasoning and grill/bake - good with rice or baked potatoe :)

Kenzie said...

I don't have any recipes but I just wanted to comment on the fact that you heard the heartbeat :) You're right that is one of the best moments ever.

Andrea said...

Yay!!! I was thinking of you all day today...I'm SOOOO happy that you finally got to hear that little heartbeat. :)

Wenona said...

Isn't that heartbeat just the most fantastic thing to hear in the whole entire world? I am so happy for you! What a great idea to go to classes about living/eating healthier. I think we could all benefit from that, pregnant or not!

Laura Thiessen said...

I would definitely recommend "Simply in Season" and "More With Less" cookbooks if you're looking for healthy, sometimes vegetarian, and still simple to make meals. Ten Thousand Villages carries both of these cookbooks, and if you can only afford one I would say, "More With Less" to start. Happy cooking!

Andrea said...

How exciting!!! I love hearing the heart beating! =)