Sunday, October 18, 2009

Looking back...

The last few days I've been dreaming about the vacation that Keith and I took this Spring/Summer. It feels like AGES ago, and yet it was only 4 months ago. Is it possible to be homesick for a place that isn't your home? Haha... yeah. That's how I feel today. Missing friends, missing sunshine/heat, missing the awesome time that Keith and I had together.

At lunch today we somewhat jokingly asked all of our family who was willing to move south with us :) Keith's family was out for the weekend, and apparently there were no takers there, but Warren & Liane sounded interested... if only it was that easy. Seriously, if I could pack up my family and a few close friends, and move us all south, I would.

For now, I'll just keep dreaming.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I totally know what you mean, I was feeling the same way last week.. restless.. and dreaming of what cannot be (or at least not now)

Stam House said...

I would love some heat right about now!!! it's so cold over here!!!!

S Club Mama said...

yeah, that's the bad thing about moving. :)

Drea said...

awe... well WHO KNOWS! maybe this is the Lords way of calling you and Keith to come serve at our church LOL!! We went to this church last night for a singing thing.. bunch of groups sang from all these different churches. It was SOOOO neat to see the talent in our town. I wish I could start up a praise band in our church... ::hint hint:: :)

We look forward to seeing you all again and if I could fly up there this winter (brrr) and see you all I would.

Susanna said...

I totally, absolutely know how you feel about wanting to pack up and move south...as long as our family moved with us! I just love them too much to leave, but I sometimes feel that with our cold weather and being stuck inside for so many months during the winter, we are missing out on so much of life and the creation that God created for us. Sure there are things to enjoy about the winter, but it's just not the same as summer, the warm weather, the sunshine....yes, it would be wonderful to live farther south!

Travis, Rosey and Zipporah said...

Having now lived in Paraguay for over 2 years, I really say that I love the warmth here. When my parents came to visit it was way too hot for them, but I love heat. But yeah the downside is family... I never get to see them, so far my daughter has only met grandparents. No cousins or aunts and uncles. Although I love it here I would put up with the cold to be able to see my family again.