Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yup, it's a Friesen alright :)

This afternoon I went for my ultrasound. And before anyone asks, no, they didn't tell me the gender. This is the one time that I really would like to know, but unfortunately they refuse to say anything at our hospital.

But, the ultrasound went well, though it was an hour long! The tech was really good, and she just wanted to make sure she got really clear pictures of the kidneys for us. It took so long because the baby wouldn't flip over enough for her to get a good view of the kidney on the other side. Eventually it did though, and she got all her measurements.

From what we saw, the baby looks healthy, is exactly bang on for the due date that I had figured out, and it looks like a Friesen baby ;) The profile anyway, has the cutest Friesen nose and mouth. We'll see what things look like in about 4 months!

There is a small possibility that I will get to go for another ultrasound, in Winnipeg, to determine the gender. My midwife and I were talking about the kidney issue, still wondering if it is in fact a genetic problem just in the Friesen females. If she decides she wants to look into it further, then I might just find out yet if this is a boy or a girl! If not, I'm sure I can wait 4 more months.

8 comments:

A Mom After God's Own Heart said...

Great to hear things are going well with the pregnancy Stacey. :)

S Club Mama said...

so beautiful. I see the little nose, how sweet. very glad to hear all is well.

Ellen said...

YAY!! well at least you know that all looks good!! I just love the ultrasound appointments.. it was always my favorite! I hope you get to find out the sex of the baby.. it's fun both ways!

Susanna said...

It's kind of fun knowing ahead of time if it's a boy or girl! I'm so glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well.

Jobina said...

I'm glad you can see something on there, I'm so horrible at figuring out ultrasounds! My turn tomorrow! I hope you get your second ultrasound if for nothing more than to put your mind at ease and get another peek before 4 months is up!

Elaine said...

That is a very good picture, you can see the Baby so clearly! I'm just so happy and excited for you!

Micki said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking good! Keep us posted :)

Michelle said...

NO NO NO, do NOT find out the gender. COME on...it's FUN.

Glad to hear things are great then!