Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home again, Home again...

We got back Sunday night from a great 5 day trip to see Keith's family. Other than a little lack of sleep, we had an excellent time, and it was nice to not just rush there and back (they live 3 hours from us). We usually reserve our longer trips for harvest time, but this year things just didn't go as hoped, and harvest was small and we couldn't make it out anyway.

Wednesday we arrived on time to share some birthday cake with Alyssa and Michelle, who celebrated their 24th birthdays. FUN! We had cake at around 4 or 4:30, and supper at 6:00. Maybe not the usual way to do things, but Alyssa had to work that night, so she left after we ate cake.

The kids had a ton of fun, having the attention of Grandma, Grandpa, and three aunties. Even Great Grandpa came over for a while, and Bria helped him play chess against Keith :) I love it that my kids are comfortable with great grandparents!

We even captured Bria's grumpy face. She's so animated sometimes, it's hilarious! She makes these faces just for fun. She's got the spunkiest personality, and I heard it said a few times during our stay that it would be awesome to freeze the kids right where they're at. Rowan's in the major learning stage, and Bria is just so silly!

Friday was my 26th birthday, and Keith's mom took Alyssa, Michelle, and me for a yummy lunch in Gimli. The weather was absolutely PERFECT!! We spent some time browsing through some local shops, and took a nice stroll down the pier. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Loved it.

We also had a bridal shower for Stacey on Friday evening. There were somewhere around 40 ladies there to celebrate with us, and we had a great time.

Of course, there was so much more that went on in those 5 days, but maybe Alyssa wants to share something. Like maybe that super cute video of Bria.... pretty please?

4 comments:

S Club Mama said...

Hello! I've been missing you. How are you feeling??

I was thinking maybe I wanted to get another sling that Isaac could grow in to, one that could go from wearing him to him being carried on my hip. Do you have something like that or something you would recommend?

I was also wondering. What are the washing instructions for my mei tai? :) It's not dirty but it may get dirty one of these days LOL

Alyssa said...

I *LOVE* Bria's pouty face ;-) As for the cute video, it's on Michelle's camera, but I'll see what I can do. My computer is so bunged up that I can't even load pictures onto it...Time for a purge of old stuff, I suppose. Thanks for the great weekend!!!

Micki said...

You've been busy! Happy belated birthday, I'm glad you were able to share it with family. And of course, welcome home :)

prashant said...

Do you have something like that or something you would recommend?


Domain registration india