Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Nursery

So I was planning on posting this much earlier in the day, but I got a bit distracted with my sewing machine! I woke up this morning thinking about all the things that I need to do yet before the baby comes. One of them was sew my wipes. I've been putting this off for months! With Bria still having accidents, and wearing diapers at naps and night, I don't have enough wipes for both her and a newborn. I spent a few hours today (in between playing Candyland, making lunch and supper, and generally just running after the kids :)) sewing, and I have a few wipes left to finish off. I think altogether, by the end of the day, I will have sewn 34 wipes. Hopefully that's enough!
Anyway, on to the nursery! As you can see, we have a tiny, tiny little nursery. But it's big enough for what we need, which is good! The walls are still yellow and blue, which is what we painted before Rowan was born. I would love to paint it a nice tannish brown color, but I'm not willing to ask anyone to do it for me, and at this stage in the game... well painting isn't really a good idea! So blue and yellow it will be.
I do plan on putting up curtains, once we have the baby. The curtains that were in the room are bright pink, and I have a feeling that I wouldn't like leaving them up if we have a boy, so for now they have been taken down to wash. If we do have a girl, I'll put them back up. If it's a boy, well, I'll have to pick out a different color! Any suggestions?
One other thing I still need is a change pad for the dresser. That, and a small basket to put all the wipes, rash cream, etc into. Otherwise, I'm not really sure there is anything else left to do. Oh, except trying to find an ottoman for my glider! I got the glider for $10 at a yard sale just before Rowan was born, but they didn't have an ottoman to go with it, so I've never had one. But I've wished for one every single night that I got up to nurse my babies.

So, there you have it! Simple, plain, and small :) Oh yeah, and here's my diaper bag and matching change pad. Love it!

11 comments:

Shanilie said...

Gorgeous! I love how it all came together. The colors look great together and it's all so organized. Where did you find your diaper bag. It is so fun looking, i am still in need of a diaper bag. The one i have is too small and is bursting at the seams with one baby now i have two to pack for ,

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

I LOVE the diaper bag! Where did you get that? It looks like an Etsy bag!

annejisca said...

Beautiful room! Good job! :)

3 for Me! said...

I like simple:)

Our "nursery" will be in our room for a bit and then in Chris' room in a crib (at least that is the plan).... we've been pretty simple decorators, trying to use what we have and not accummulate too much!! In fact, Chris was the only baby we actually "decorated a nursery for"!! Lydia just went into Anna's room with a cute bedding set my mom made for her:)

I like the diaper bag... I'm on the hunt for one, too!! And you'll like having a changing pad thingy on the dresser:) OH... I kept our changing supplies in the top drawer... kept baby (and older siblings from getting into it) and helped the room look so cluttered.

Thanks for sharing and glad everything is coming together for you:) Soon you'll be able to kick back relax and just wait for baby...LOL!!

Susanna said...

I love the color scheme, I think it looks beautiful as it is! And it looks like a perfect size for a nursery (my boys share a room that is about that same size, and that holds a crib AND a twin size bed!) It looks like you are all ready for the baby, who will enjoy a gorgeous room!

Heather said...

you can use my ottoman:)

S Club Mama said...

Oh that is so beautiful. I love the wall colors - my kids always have white walls (boring). I'm hoping to get some stick-on-wall thingers for their walls or maybe stencil something on them. I don't know what our land lord(s) would say though. A green curtain would look nice with a simple print if it's a boy.

Heather said...

I just noticed your ticker, only 4 weeks left!!!

Micki said...

It looks good to me! As for the curtains, if you're planning on repainting a light tannish brown, I'd probably go with a very light, neutral tan as well, several shades off of what you're intending. I think it would coordinate with the blue and yellow just fine too.

I'm getting excited looking at your stacks of cloth diapers! We'll get ours out in a few weeks so I can figure out what else I need to make.

I can't believe your baby is coming so soon!

Aliesha & Tad said...

Very cute! I really love the colors of the walls... I like the idea of mixing colors like that, instead of the walls all being the same color. Happy last month (or so)!

Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else, I'd love to know more about that diaper bag!

Heidi