Friday, February 26, 2010

40 weeks!!

So today is/was my due date :) It's hard to believe that just one week ago I was hugely pregnant and uncomfortable! I thought it would be fun to take one last 'belly' picture for you. So here it is! 40 weeks.

We're doing pretty good here today. I won't say that I'm used to all this newness, or that everything is going smoothly, but I think we are adjusting. Yesterday was a bit rough for me. Emery was up at 6:30 and I was totally exhausted all day. Today is a bit better, but the kids are really having a hard time :( Rowan and Bria fight over everything, and it's really wearing me down fast. If it isn't fighting, it's whining when I ask them to clean up their mess, or stop bugging each other. Another one of those not-so-fun phases that are part of growing up I guess.

Anyway, I hope my fellow Canadians are enjoying the Olympics! Don't forget about the gold medal game!!! GO CANADA! (and this is coming from a non sports fan :)

12 comments:

S Club Mama said...

How fun. I'm so sorry the kids are having a rough time; it'll get better. And you look phenomenal!

Jobina said...

Awesome belly pic, what a great idea!

Stam House said...

Look at how tiny you are already!!! looking at your picture makes me feel huge (I guess baby and I went trough a growth spurt in the last few weeks and yes I'm finally gaining some weight!!!)

The stage that you are in now I guess will be in in a few months too! I hate whining, is totally draining!!!!

Hopefully warm weather will be here soon and the kiddos could go out to burn some energy off!!!

3 for Me! said...

Fun!! Glad baby came before your due date... those last weeks can be tough!

Remember that these next few months is an adjustment for EVERyone!! Praying for you all:)

Oh, my favorite lasting advice from my mom when I had Lydia (#3) was that the older ones needed my "free" time more than the baby.... they would remember if Momma spent time with them, but Lydia wouldn't have a clue how much bouncey seat time she had.

I kind of "rolled my eyes" not sure when I'd ever be able to sit down with the older two.... but when I did find sometime I tried to spend some quality time with them!

Linds and Manda said...

Great belly shot! Congratulations on the arrival of Emery. She's beautiful.

Kalle said...

Great picture! Something about the olympics that brings out all of inner sports fanatic. Go Canada!

Micki said...

Aw, that's such a fun picture!! You can really see how teeny those newborns are when an adult holds them. And you look great!

Hang in there with the kids. For me everything always started calming down right around the six week mark. Good luck!

Shanilie said...

Great 40 wk picture!!

I loved the Olympics. That last hockey game was AMAZING

Ellen said...

where's anonymous when you need them.. I think you're showing too much baby in that belly picture :) haha.. You guys look great! I hope things are going well with all the kids!

Michelle said...

I've been so busy I have hadnt a chance to visit blogs until the last couple days. CONGRATS!!! SO SORRY I am just now getting over here.

Sounds like your birth went fantastic. Who can ask for more than to be ready to push without even knowing it and then just letting it "ride". LOL.

She is BIG. So cute!

Michelle said...

OH YEAH, you look FANTASTIC. I still have 50 lbs to lose. BOO.

Serena said...

Sorry im so late! Congratulations!!!! you guys look awesome :)