Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello :)

So I really don't feel like sitting here and updating, but I know I want to be able to look back and read this one day too, so I'm going to try.

We've been home for three days now, and I still feel like I'm kind of floating through the motions every day. Yesterday I had a burst of energy, and ended up doing a lot of laundry. Today I feel like I can hardly get up again. Just so tired! And the lack of abdominal muscles makes other muscles work too hard too. I can't wait until I'm ready to start building strength back. I'm so so thankful for my wonderful Mom who scrubbed my floor today, and my awesome Hubby who made a really yummy supper! I really am blessed. Thanks also to the friends that have brought food. It's a huge blessing!

Emery has been a pretty normal baby so far :) She was super sleepy the first couple of days, and even gave me one 7 hour stretch our first night at home. But she's starting to wake up a bit, and usually goes about 3-3 1/2 hours between feedings, which I still think is pretty awesome!

The kids are adjusting fairly well. They love being big helpers and bringing me diapers/wipes/blankets/etc. They like to take turns holding her too, and are really gentle with her. I'm trying to include them as much as possible in caring for Emery, so they feel needed and important. I'm hoping that will make their transition smoother. We'll see :)

As for the cankles... they are quickly disappearing! Yay! My legs and feet look pretty much normal already, but my ankles are holding onto the water a bit still. It sure feels good to shrink! At this point, the pounds are dropping very quickly. This morning I weighed in at 155! And I feel like all I do is eat and feed Emery all day. It's amazing how much energy it takes to heal and feed a newborn.

So, I'm taking it easy, staying away from the computer for the most part, and trying to just take in these moments. It's funny how with your first child, you are always waiting for the next stage, but with the next children, you realize how quickly it flies by. It really helps keep perspective through night time feedings! These days are going to fly by so fast, and soon I will no longer have a newborn to hold. Yikes. Slow down.

13 comments:

A Mom After God's Own Heart said...

Congrats on the newest family member:) God bless

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Keith and Stacey, I wish you God's blessings and joy with your little girl. And you are very right, things have been going even faster with our third than our second.
Irina

Drea said...

WOW!! 155 from 175?! GIRL LOL! thats unreal! Ohh how I look forward to seeing my normal weight numbers again lol.

You got such a sweet family.
Take it easy ... I dont remember the last time we scrubbed our floors... and we have all hardwoods... im lucky if i sweep them once a week :)

The Thiessens said...

Love the pictures!! What a beautiful documentation of their joy and love for little Emery. I was pleasantly surprised at Bria's gentleness this morning with her little sister :)
Nana

Jobina said...

I'm so glad that you have some help there especially in the first few weeks. I was thinking about you today and wondering how things were going. My mom is coming next week Monday so here's hoping this baby comes next week so that I can make use of her help!

Amber. said...

beautiful pictures! doesn't bria seem like such a BIG kid now?!! at least I found that after having my 3rd my 2nd grew and matured a lot over night ;) all the best!!

3 for Me! said...

OH!! I love sweet sibling pics:) And I"m in total agreement with you about siblings... we let our LOVE all over each other when they were days old, teaching them to be gentle! I think it makes a BIG deal with everyone adjusting!!

Sooo glad your cankles are leaving:) I know that is wonderful! And I bet some of the weight loss is all that "water" finally leaving... I had the SAME with my 1st baby!!

Enjoy every minute with that cute little baby:) And with your family!!

Alyssa said...

LOVE the pictures! Rowy & Bria look so grown-up next to Emery!

S Club Mama said...

holy weight loss, Batman! Jeez! Eat up, sweetheart!

Glad it seems you have some help and are getting some rest. Just keep it up, mama - sounds like you're doing fabulously

Shawna said...

Hi there, I know you don't know who I am. I've been told you sell cloth diapers, and I see you're very much into cloth diapering. I'm expecting for July and am thinking of getting into it.. I see you have a very new addition to your family, (Congrats!) so take your time to respond to me, i'm sure your busy. You can email me at wolfeshawna@hotmail.com

Micki said...

Stacey, congratulations! All your children are just gorgeous and I love Emery's round little cheeks.

I'm glad you've got some help and support while you're recovering. Take it easy and enjoy your beautiful family!

Willow said...

You have a beautiful family. Take it easy and happy babymoon!

Congrats again!

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Precious pics of the 3 kids! Emery is beautiful. Congrats again and blessings as you continue to adjust and regain strength.
Brenda