Monday, February 08, 2010

Kindergarten, snow, and maternity photos :)

This morning was a little bit of a momentous occasion for us. I took Rowan to the school to register for Kindergarten. I can't believe he's old enough to go! Of course, it was nothing exciting, with just filling out paperwork, but it felt like a big step anyway. Up until this point, Rowan has talked about Kindergarten with great excitement. Today, not so much. He didn't want to go. I'm hoping we can fix that problem by September!

Snow... we have lots of it. I like it. In fact, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit it... but I CRAVE snow! As in, yes, I want to eat it. I have never had such a weird craving before during pregnancy. The only thing I ever craved before was Chicken Burgers, and that was like a one or two time thing. This snow thing has been going on for a few weeks now. At first I just thought it was such a gross thing to crave. I mean, have you ever melted snow to see the dirty puddle it makes? Yeah. But... I gave in, and I have been enjoying fresh snow for the past few weeks. Call me crazy.

The other big thing on the agenda: maternity photos! I've wanted to get them done for a while now, but I was having the hardest time finding a photographer that I really liked. I mean, after working with Drea last Summer, it's hard to find someone else :) I'm not into the typical photos with the wooden blocks that have been done a billion times. I like unique. I think I have found someone now, and I'm hoping we can get in a shoot before the end of the week! Hopefully baby stays put long enough to do the photos!

5 comments:

Steph and Mitch T said...

Ooooohhh...I've always wanted to do maternity photos!! :)

My mom said that one of her coworkers at the hospital craved crushed ice and would even come in when she was not working to fill up her cup. Turns out she was anemic! :) Since that is typical for 3rd trimester, make sure you are staying on top of your iron. :)

S Club Mama said...

One thing about the snow cravings. That could be a sign of a deficiency. I know that when we fill out paperwork for WIC, they ask if I've had cravings for ice. oh ok someone already commented about that.

I can't wait to see maternity pictures. oh this baby is getting close!

Ellen said...

talking about cravings, I was reading the other day about pregnant women's cravings for non food items. It talked about women craving ice, dirt, laundry detergent, etc.. pretty interesting :) Hope you can get those pics done soon!

Stam House said...

I have a recipe to make ice cream out of fresh snow!!! Do you need it?

How are you feeling? AS baby dropped yet?

Anonymous said...

Well you better hurry with those maternity pics because if Alyssa, Michelle and I are all right, the baby will be born tomorrow :) (grandma's birthday you know).
As for Rowan being old enough to go to kindergarten this fall... WHERE HAS TIME GONE!!!!!
Lil'Stace