Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maternity Photoshoot *Updated with photos!*

So I did end up finding a fantastic photographer to do some photos for me :) For anyone local, her name is Ayne Wieler. I found her through Facebook when I sent out a desperate plea for a last minute photo shoot, however, we do know each other from a few years back, so she wasn't a complete stranger to me!

Ayne was super sweet, and had some great ideas for photos. Though I have to admit, doing a photoshoot at almost 38 weeks pregnant isn't necessarily the smartest idea! It's soooo hard to get your body to work at this stage! Like sitting cross legged on the couch in jeans with no stretch.... um that was HARD!

I hope to have a little preview of the photos really soon, but Ayne isn't feeling well today, so we'll see how that goes. As soon as I can, I'll post some for you all to see! I'm so excited :) *Scroll down to see a few sneak peeks :)*

As for this baby, well, maybe I should do my 38 week update today. So far, I'm feeling pretty good. I do feel like the baby has dropped, and I'm squishing a little head in there all day long. Not too comfy! As far as signs of labor, just a little more tired and crampy, but nothing serious. The cankles continue to make their presence known, and most days I wake up still swollen. I can't wait for that to be over!

Weight wise, I've slowed right down again. And as for the snow cravings, they're still there. I got my iron levels checked today, and should hear back soon if it's too low. I'm thinking it is, and the midwife (I had M today instead of J, since J is off for the weekend and I hadn't met M yet) suggested that I take Floridix starting today. I really don't want to have trouble with anemia once the baby is born.

And for my lovely Friesen family... I will do my best to have this baby tomorrow, but no guarantees! If it does come before next weekend, I might need some extra help around here. Keith was advised at work that next week was not a good week to have off. Apparently cheap Dominican vacations trump babies... haha. We shall see.

We managed to get one photo with the kids, but Bria wouldn't look at the camera, and she also looks a little under the weather, so this is it!

I'm always amazed at how photos can be edited. I love the color in this one!

Ignore the veiny hands :) I love the vintage look of this one.

And my personal favorite! I LOVE IT!

31 comments:

Heather said...

That's right, I wanna come play with your carseats again, so you better have that baby! Not to mention I need a pic of baby Friesen in the Keyfit:)

Stam House said...

Can't wait to see the photos shoot pictures!!!

Thinking of you and hoping that this progress along nice and smoothly!

Jobina said...

I'm so glad that you got to have pictures done! It's amazing to think that really the baby could come anytime now. I can't wait!!!

S Club Mama said...

Oh my gosh! I adore those pictures! You are so beautiful. And you look so fantastic. I swell up so bad in the face my last few weeks - it's gross. You're so lucky you don't have that.

If you get a chance before the baby comes, will you shoot me your address? I'd really like to send you a little something for the new baby.

randi_lynn137 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Stam House said...

awwww love all of the pics!!!!

Shanilie said...

Fantastic photos! Love all the different effects. So great to be able to cherish these moments.

Ellen said...

Fantastic pictures Stacey!! you look really good!! hope that things work out well with baby's arrival and Keith's work :)

Anonymous said...

What's up with pregnant women exposing themselves these days?

Amber said...

very pretty!

Laura said...

great pictures! Your belly looks great :)

Laura said...

and for the record....to whoever "anonymous" is...I think pregnant bellies are beautiful and should be "exposed" :)

3 for Me! said...

Glad you found someone who you enjoyed working with:) And thanks for sharing... I really want to have some pics of my belly and the kids:)

I like the couch one too:) Funny how a normal setting can be soo artistic:)

Glad you are felling well at 38 weeks!!! I was the smae way with mine and I hope my body will let me enojy my last weeks (when that time comes!).

Andrea said...

Those are great! I love that you could have them taken in your own home too.

Steph and Mitch T said...

They are all so beautiful!! :)

Nathanael and Katie said...

Beautiful pictures, I especially like the last one!

Anonymous said...

And for the "record", this "anonymous" individual thinks pregnancy is beautiful, wonderful thing that should be left "exposed" to our husband and not to complete strangers on the world wide web!

Kalle said...

So beautiful!!! I love the one with the frame and the one of you on the couch. Great shoot.

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

Those are beautiful! They truly capture beauty! I have an award for you!

annejisca said...

I love these pictures!!! Beautiful!

Ellen said...

BTW Stacey, where did you get that necklace, I really like it!!

Anonymous - I have to disagree with you, I think that these photos are very tasteful and artistically done and not exposing. What the blog author feels comfortable and decides to post is up to her, that is why it is her blog. You also realize that comments that are anonymous have very little credibility since you didn't leave your name.

Stacey said...

Thank you for all the kind words :)

And to anonymous.... While I appreciate your point of view, I posted what I felt comfortable with. When I first thought about doing the photos, I wasn't sure I would do bare belly photos. But I though my photographer did a very good job of keeping it tasteful, and honestly, you see more of my skin in summer than in those photos!

And I have to say I agree with Ellen... why can't you post your name?

Susanna said...

You are looking gorgeous, Stacey! I love the pictures!

Jobina said...

I LOVE the pictures Stacey! It's funny, I've done all those shots in my bikini and yet my "professional" pics are all fully clothed! I was outside though and honestly there's no way I was taking any more layers off in the cold!!!
I think the couch shot is fantastic although I really don't think I could pick a favorite. That shirt sure has done a good job of stretching to fit!

Drea said...

LAST ONE FOR SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ur so cute.

Wenona said...

Love these photos so much. And yeah, you were not exposing yourself in the least in these photos. My maternity photos had quite a bit less clothing in them! You look gorgeous and I can't believe you are 38 weeks in those pictures - you look so great! But I will sympathize with cankles. Man, did I have a bad case - I was so excited the day after the birth when I exclaimed "LOOK! I have ankle bones again!!!" People thought I was crazy! lol.

Anonymous said...

Stacey-- your photos are a beautiful record that you will cherish for the rest of your life and so will your kids. Way to go in getting them done!

Just wanted to comment on anemia--- you've probably researched it well, as you are thorough. Just in case it seems overwhelming if you do have it.... My son had anemia at under 2 years of age. I learned A LOT!

The finger poke results show hemoglobin levels. If those indicate a low level, then a blood test at the hospital checks your ferratin levels (iron reserves or store), and depending on how low that is, different treatments are offered.

Sometimes, in the case of severe anemia (at least for young children), one treatment option is a blood transfusion to increase how quickly the iron levels rise up again.... Another is iron supplements. His hemoglobin was 40. My son's ferratin stores were at close to 0 when discovered because he is very pale to begin with..... It took a blood transfusion and about 3 months of iron supplements until both his iron levels were up to normal again. He is doing well in spite of all of this...... Just sharing in case you are anemic....

I have to sign off as anonymous (and I am not the previous anonymous poster)because I don't have a blog.

Marilyn

Micki said...

The pictures all look great, but I have to agree, the last one is my favorite!!

I can't wait to hear your good news. It's really any day now, isn't it? So exciting!

Anonymous said...

According to the "comment" that was left above from some stranger, I guess this "anonymous" person was right when I said that pics of this nature shouldn't be "exposed" for the whole world to see! Look what it just attracted. Sometimes "anonymous" people are wise and have some credibility.

Stacey said...

Anonymous people may have good advice, but why do they have to be anonymous anyway? The tone and attitude bother me more than anything else. Just give it a rest.

Andrea said...

I absolutely LOVE the vintage one.

eva said...

The photos are lovely! You'll cherish them for sure. :)