Saturday, March 06, 2010

Long Overdue... Blessed Beyond Measure

It's just amazing to me, that after my third baby, I have received so much love and care from friends and family! After having Rowan and Bria, I had maybe 2 meals brought to me, which I thought was really nice. This time, however, I didn't have to cook for almost 2 weeks! I am so incredibly blessed, and I thank each and every one that thought of our family. We appreciate you all so much!

Since it's been a whole week since I last posted, I'm guessing an Emery update is due. Our little lady isn't quite so little any more! She's growing like a weed. Seriously. She only dropped less than 1/2 pound after birth, and was over her birth weight by day 5. As of yesterday she was 9 lbs 8 oz (she was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth) so she's up almost a pound at two weeks old! For my metric friends, she is about 4300 grams.

Emery still wakes twice each night to nurse, which is not too bad. She's very alert first thing in the morning, and then in the evening. She usually sleeps most of the afternoon. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't taken many pictures of her. In fact, I don't have anything new to post! I'm going to have to get on that.

Tomorrow we have a baby shower at church, which I'm looking forward to. It's always a fun time, and this time, once again, we are celebrating three babies! I'll get some pictures there.... I hope!

6 comments:

Susanna said...

Yes, you need to take some pictures so we can see her! I've always heard people say they have tons of pictures of their first child and then very few of the ones after that, and I always thought "I will never do that". However, I already see that I really did take WAY more pictures the first time around, and I'm sure it just gets harder and harder with each child....but take whatever opportunities you can to take pictures of that beautiful new baby so when she is older she will know that she was/is loved just as much as your first child! And I need to remember this too :) Can't wait to see some new pictures of little Emery!

Stam House said...

you have good milk mama!!! Thanks for the update

3 for Me! said...

Glad you have been soo blessed with meals and help... it's soo nice to be able to rest for a bit:)

My #3 baby also plumped right up!! It's so comforting;) In fact, she gained soo much weight that her doctor called me a "cow"!! in jest of course:)

Look forward to some updated pictures... when you get the chance:)

Wenona said...

Thanks for the update. That's so nice that your church has a shower for each baby. Ours only does for the 1st, but I think each baby is equally as special and deserves their own shower! Have fun!!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh, congrats to you! And your family is beautiful.

Steph

Micki said...

I love hearing healthy baby updates! But I'm disappointed there aren't any pictures to back it up ;)

I'm so glad your friends and family are taking good care of you!