When Emery was born and I was told I was extremely low on iron, I tried to find food to make that would be very rich in iron. I came across a wonderful recipe on Recipe Zaar that I tweaked a tiny bit to suit what I usually have in my house. It's super yummy, and the kids really love it too. A great way to get them to eat spinach! Here's the link to the original recipe, but I'll type it up the way that I made it. I served it with a great big tossed salad.
Spinach Beef Bake
1 recipe of pizza dough
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 tsp onion powder
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 small package fresh mushrooms, sliced
4-5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare your favorite pizza dough recipe, enough for a large pizza pan
2. Brown the beef with the onion powder
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with garlic powder, salt, and pepper
4. Add the spinach, stir well, then add the mushrooms, cheese, and beef. Mix well.
5. Spread on pizza dough evenly, and pat down
6. Bake @ 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.