Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day, Baby Dedication

Yesterday we had our baby dedication service at church, and Keith and I dedicated both of our girls.  We missed the service back when Bria was a baby, which is why we were dedicating both girls yesterday.  It was a really nice service and it was a huge privilege to stand up there with so many other parents and declare that we want to raise our children to love the Lord.  The pictures show just half of the parents/children that were on stage yesterday.  What a big group!

On the left of the stage is my sister Heather and  her husband, Bruce, dedicating their little Keziah.  Oh the right is our new friends John & Eva with their little guy, Jonas.  Jonas just happens to be Rowan's new best friend :)  I look a little grumpy, but I'm not :)  Just 'thinking' I'm sure!


4 comments:

S Club Mama said...

How wonderful! We haven't had either of our boys dedicated...I really want to though.

Stam House said...

What a beautiful day it must have been!!!!

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

Congratulations!! Our church did the same thing this past Sunday. Very appropriate to have baby dedication on Mother's Day.

eva said...

I look grumpier. LOL. Which I wasn't. A little unprepared and sad that my family wasn't there to see it, but still, I'm happy we did it. :)And yes, Jonas was quite concerned when Rowan missed Sunday school the other day. He said."I don't think Rowan will be coming anymore." ;)