Monday, June 21, 2010

Almost 7 years ago

Keith and I tied the knot :)  July 26th, 2003 was the big day. 

This post is part of the Completing Him Summer Challenge from Women Living Well.

I guess I should start way back at the beginning of our relationship.  When Keith and I started dating, I was very sure I didn't want to date just for the fun of it.  I wanted it to be a real relationship.  More like a courtship really.  I remember talking it over together, and asking Keith what he thought our relationship was all about.  I think I made him nervous, lol!  Women tend to take things more seriously, I think, and Keith hadn't really thought as far ahead as I had.  I was thinking about whether or not Keith was marriage material, and he was just thinking that he was happy to be dating me.


So, for me, when thinking about our wedding vows, I know I took them incredibly seriously.  And now, after almost 7 years of marriage, I know I feel the same way.  Til Death Do Us Part is the real deal.  There is no backing out.  Not that I would want to anyway :)

As for our actual wedding day, it was beautiful.  Perfect summer day.  Blue skies.  Nice and hot.  All of our friends and family there to celebrate with us and support our commitment to each other.

We got married in my church, by my pastor.  We did a few things differently than the average wedding though.  We had all of our siblings involved in a special 'wedding worship' team.  Both of our families are musical, so we really wanted to incorporate that into the wedding.  We did a few worship songs together (Keith on bass and me singing, with the rest of our family either singing or on other instruments) and I loved that.  We also used the wooden chest that Keith had given me as a gift, instead of a ring pillow for the ring bearer to carry.

I know I don't really remember much about the actual ceremony at all.  My eyes were focused on Keith all day, and I was just so excited!  Yet I totally understood what it meant.  Loving one man for the rest of my life.  Committing to stay together forever.  I was happy to promise that.  And I still am.

9 comments:

Stam House said...

You two looked soo pretty and sooo in love I love it! I love when wedding are unique and I'm sure yours was :-)

Time pass so fast, wow almost 7 years!!! For us it's almost 4 years and seams like just yesterday we said "I do"

Homemaker Honey said...

It's so good to read posts about wives committed to their husbands. My hubby and I have been married 3 years and are looking forward to the rest of our lives with one another.

Celebrate marriage by visiting my HELLO, HANDSOME! Blog Party

http://www.homemakerhoney.com/p/hello-handsome-giveaway-list.html

Deborah
Homemaker Honey

Aliesha & Tad said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story.

S Club Mama said...

I love your pictures!! :) I think that too many people forget the "until death do you part" part. That's serious and it's taken way too lightly unfortunately.

Rona's Home Page said...

Love your wedding photos!

You two look so happy! It's also great when I still see those smiles years later!

Anonymous said...

Great post. You were a beautiful bride and sounds like you had a very special wedding day.

Irina

Micki said...

Gorgeous photos!

What a beautiful post, happy anniversary!

ONTARIO THIESSENS said...

It WAS a beautiful wedding... It stands out in my mind quite vividly actually. It was cool we could be there as we have missed other family weddings. Congratulations on 7 years coming up soon! Wow! May you two be richly blessed as you continue your life journey together :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary! Every year that passes is another reason to feel proud and blessed! Stacey your blogs are incredible! You really could right a book!