Monday, June 14, 2010

Back in the 'dating days'

*I don't actually have any pictures from our dating days on our computer because we didn't have digital cameras back then, lol.  So I took a picture of a couple.*

It's been almost 9 years since Keith and I met, which sounds like a long time ago.  I guess in the big picture, it's not really that long ago :)

Keith and I met during the first few days of Bible College and NBC.  We noticed each other right away, and spent the first couple of months getting to know more about each other.  We went out for 'coffee' to the Kingfisher Inn and A&W, took long walks around campus, and of course, spent a lot of time hanging out in the dining hall lounge :)

I remember learning early on that Keith had a sister named Stacey.  I figured that must be a sign from God that I should stay away, lol!  I mean, how would we deal with having two Stacey's?  Apparently I didn't let it stop the relationship after all :)

One thing I remember from that year at Bible College, was how how we loved just being together.  We spent all of our spare time together, and time that should have been spent studying was also spent together.  We passed notes constantly in class.  Keith drew pictures for me, and decorated his notes with doodling.

I remember the sweetest gift he got for me our first Christmas, just a month after we started dating.  It was a small wooden chest.  I filled it with all of the notes that we wrote back and forth, and I still have them all, safely tucked away in the chest.  We later used the chest in our wedding, for the ring bearer to carry our rings in.

If I could get back one thing that we had during our dating days, it was how we treasured all those little moments together.  I miss that.  It seems my day is filled with running after kids, wiping bottoms, doing laundry, and keeping the house somewhat tidy.  I rarely take the time to just sit down and be with Keith.  I think we need that back.  Time to work on that I think.  *Ellen has challenged me to commit to an amount of time, so I'm going to say at least 30 minutes per day.*

4 comments:

Ellen said...

what's your commitment of spending more time with Keith. (like another girl said she was going to spend 30min per day just talking with her husband) Sometimes when you say how you are going to do it, it's easier to commit to it and follow through :) I think I may have to 'steal' you pic of a pic idea, we also don't have digital pics of us dating.

Stacey said...

Good idea Ellen. I'm going to commit to 30 minutes per day as well.

Stam House said...

so sweet! love reading your love story :-)

Elaine said...

From time to time, we make special dates, when the kids are in bed, we take time to open our boxes and read the letters to eachother. It's allways a great time to reflect and see what happende to all the dreams, plans we had. Some came truh other we are still working on ;)