Monday, June 21, 2010

Maybe life is too easy.

So yesterday morning, when we were ready to go to church, I ran downstairs to grab something from the laundry room.  To my horror, I stepped into a puddle.  And it wasn't a small puddle.  It covered half of the basement.  I panicked, ran up the stairs, and called Keith (who was already buckling the kids into their car seats).  He stayed home a sucked up the water with a Shop Vac while I hauled the kids to church for music practice, Sunday School, and then the service.  Keith showed up right on time to get on the stage for the first song!



Apparently our hot water tank has bit the dust.  There is a man coming any minute now to replace it, but in the meantime, this morning, I figured I wouldn't let it get the best of me.  Hey, if women before me could scrub cloth diapers by hand, I could handle boiling a little water to wash dishes :)  So that's what I did.  And it felt good.  Like I actually accomplished a small task this morning.


Then, just a few minutes ago, I read this post on a blog that I just started reading.  This is what I needed.  Hopefully life will continue to throw me challenges that mean hard work, lol.


Gotta run, plumber just drove up :)

3 comments:

Stam House said...

Oh wow! WE have some of those days too! FRom our stove or oven, washer or dryer that are taking turn breaking up!!!! like is always interesting!!!

The Thiessens said...

Oh my, in the midst of not a funny situation, that little 'toon sure made me giggle. LOVE the fuzzy slippers safely up the stairs :)
Hope things are soon back to normal for you, and yea, it's amazing what we can do when we have to. The time we spent (almost 3 months) without a kitchen sink, hauling water from the bathroom tub....felt like quite an accomplishment too, but sure am glad for my running water :)
Hang in there, MOM

Monika Thiessen said...

I just finished a week of having to run to the garage every time I needed something from the fridge. It's amazing how many times you open that fridge! But I was sure thankful for that second fridge in the garage!