Monday, July 05, 2010

Summertime

Summer always gets to be so busy for some reason.  Even if all I'm doing is cleaning the house more, lol :)  Actually, I hope no one pops in un-announced today!  It's quite a mess in here.  Gotta get on that.

Let's see, what's been keeping us busy....


Well, Keith set up our tiny little pool the other day.  Um, I think the pool was PERFECT for when Rowan was a toddler.  Now though, it's a tad too small :)  Oh well, the kids have had tons of fun in it anyway.  Right now it's waiting for some fresh water.

The weather has been incredibly hot and humid.  Like 99% humidity and 30 degrees.  That makes for some very sweaty moments, lol!  On Thursday, we were so excited to celebrate the marriage of our friends, Pawel and Irina.  The ceremony was in the church, but the reception was outside on her parents yard.  Beautiful, but sweltering!  I think Emery got some heat rash, not to mention a ton of mosquito bites.  They were nasty too.

The wedding was a sweet combination of German and Canadian.  We enjoyed seeing the German elements come out at the reception, including a cute video from their friends back in Germany.  I though it was really neat that they chose to get married on Canada Day :)

Of course, love was in the air, and our favorite babysitter, who happens to be the sister of the bride, had her special moments that day too :)  I hope Cornelia doesn't mind that I snapped a couple pictures of her and Nikko, lol :)

Oh, and did I mention that some of us girls from church threw a bachelorette party for Irina?  That was SO fun!  Here is line dancing, courtesy of Candice.  And yes, I did it all with Emery in the Mei Tai.  I think I was a sweaty mess by the end!
For now, we'll leave it at that.  I'll be back later with my Completing Him Summer Challenge post.

1 comment:

Stam House said...

wedding pic looks great and that fruits tower yum!!!!!

your kiddos are so cute!!! yes it very humid over here too