Wednesday, July 07, 2010

That's What I Love About You :)

Sometimes in life it's easier to focus on the negative.  To pick things apart and forget about the lovely things.  Today, I'm going to focus on the positive!  And I'm going to start with my awesome hubby.  So want to know why I love him?  Here you go :)

I love that even after being married for 7 years, and giving birth to three babies, he still can't keep his hands off me :)  I know that is something that I noticed about my parents when I still lived at home, they still had that fire for each other.  I'm so happy to have that in my marriage too!

I love that Keith is a hard worker.  He knows how to get a job done.


I love watching Keith with our kids.  He's such a great daddy to them.

I appreciate how Keith is very slow to complain when something isn't the way he likes it.  Though maybe I could fix things quicker if he said something, lol!

I love that he is no-nonsense about parenting.  He helps to keep me on track so our kids don't turn into little crazy animals!!  (OK, so they're not that wild, lol)

I love that I can cook anything, and Keith will eat it.  He has never complained about a meal that I have made, and that just encourages me to try new things :)

I love seeing how much Keith loves his family.  He always has a hug for his mom, and a punch in the arm for his sisters!

I love it that Keith thinks it's important for me to stay home with the kids.  It's something I always knew I wanted to do, and he supports me.

I think it's awesome that Keith will try to do pretty much anything when it comes to home repairs.  He's learned a lot of new skills in the past 6 years :)

Keith isn't afraid of the kitchen, lol :)  If I'm having a hard day with the kids (or back when I was pregnant and experiencing evening sickness!) he'll just go whip up a meal for us.

I love how he helps me not to stress out over things like having people over.  I don't know why I get so stressed over this, but he's always there willing to help me tidy the house and prepare for guests.


So this was really fun!  I remember way back during our dating days, we had a very rough few months.  During that time, I was trying to decide whether Keith was the one I really wanted to be with.  My mom told me to remember the things that drew me to him in the first place.  If those things hadn't changed, then it was me that needed to step up.  I'm so glad she said that, because I may have missed out on the best man out there for me :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you're too sweet! And now I know why you have been thinking so hard for the last few weeks!! haha

Anonymous said...

Do you think it's appropriate to mention my husband can't keep his hands off me on a public domain? You don't need to air all your private laundry out for all to read.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that someone finds it "inappropriate" for a wife to compliment her husband, and promote a healthy view of marriage while on the other hand, does not realize how inappropriate it really is to harshly criticize her on the same "public domain".

And, at the same time, not having the backbone to post her own name.

Keith

Brandi said...

This is such a great post - what a good reminder to dwell on the positive things in our lives and husbands!

Brandi said...

and seriously, do not find it at all inappropriate what you said about Keith! It made my heart warm! It's wonderful that you are able to keep that fire in your marriage!! Maybe people could learn from that instead of criticize it :) I always loved that about my parents marriage too. Shows the kids how much in love the parents are!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and genuine - good reminders for all people in a relationship to stay positive! The nature of a marital relationships is that there is a physical element. I think that you saying that you appreciate your husband's attraction to you is just fine!

Tinkermama

Monika Thiessen said...

Way to go, Keith! From my perspective, the hands on has never been inappropriate. It has always been a loving gesture, totally appropriate!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
It think it's wonderful that you can say he can't keep his hands off of you after being married that long. It's very much a healthy view of marriage. Not sure who the 'anonymous' comment person is, but it's sad 'she' can't appreciate this post for what it is. Thank you , it was encouraging, and I've only been married 3 years, if I can say that after 6, I so will on any public domain!!! :)
Have a wonderful weekend.
-Margarita

Anonymous said...

I loved this post and it reminded me how much I need to be thankful for my husband. I also can relate when you say that you nearly missed out on marrying the best guy ever. Praise the Lord that didn't happen!! :)
Irina

Stam House said...

What a great post, and you got a great man my dear :-)

Shanilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanilie said...

You've got a great man! It is a wonderful thought to be with the person God had in mind.

Jamy said...

Laundry??? Talking about your husband not being able to keep his hands off of you is not "laundry". Maybe 'anonymous' should not be reading blogs if that is what she feels is laundry.

Beautiful post Stacey.