Tuesday, September 21, 2010

7 Months

On Sunday Emery was officially 7 months old.  Crazy how time flies :)  We've been enjoying her so much, as she's such a happy girl.  Everyone that sees her asks if she always smiles so much.  Yes, pretty much :)  Except when she's overly tired.  And we try to avoid those moments with good naps.

So, what is Emery like at 7 months?

~She is eating bits and pieces of food.  She only likes things she can hold herself, and is very opposed to any type of baby cereal, lol.

Smiley kid :)
~She can sit on her own for short periods of time.  Still very tipsy though, and I never leave her sitting alone on the floor.  I'm always right there, or have a ton of pillows around her.  She seems to know how to steady herself, but that doesn't always happen when she's reaching for something!

Blurry, but adorable :)  She loves pushing up on her hands and feet
~She's crawling!  Yup, she's the youngest of any of my kids to crawl.  She's been at it since just after she turned 6 months.  She started with pulling herself around, and now she's full blown crawling.  She's not too speedy yet, so it's easy to keep track of her and keep her out of (most) trouble.

~She has one sharp little tooth.  This poked through Sunday morning, right as she turned 7 months old :)  The second tooth is right there as well, and I think a tiny corner of it is peeking through already.  I sure hope it comes through soon!
Showing off our matching Amber Necklaces.  Great for teething, and just to look pretty.

~She is not a good sleeper.  We went from sleeping through the night for a month or two, to getting up 2-3 times each night.  Sometimes more, not usually less.  It's been hard on me, but I know it's just a short time of my life that I get to do this, and she'll soon be sleeping better again.  Those crazy teeth.  They really messed it up!


~She always has a smile for everyone.  I think she's going to have a huge heart for people when she grows up.  I see her as being very compassionate and accepting of others.  I hope I'm right.

~She loves her siblings!  She squeals with delight whenever she sees them coming over to play with her.  Though Rowan and Bria really don't play with her a lot.  They don't seem to know what to do with a baby, lol.

~She usually naps 3 times each day, and isn't very consistent with timing.  I wish we could fix this problem, but it's so hard!  I want to be able to get her to nap from 9-11 in the morning, and then 1-4 or 5, but so far this just isn't happening.  If I keep her up any longer than 1 1/2 hours, she loses it.  Completely.  It takes her forever to fall asleep then.  So, we'll continue to do what's working for her right now, though it makes it really hard when I need to take Rowan to school and then pick him up again.

~She is just over 18 pounds and around 28 inches long (when I measure her laying on the floor with her head against the wall and a tape measure beside her.).  Definitely my tallest baby.

We love our Emery Shae :)

4 comments:

Stam House said...

wow she is growing well :-) 7 months already time sure fly by!!!

Rachel is 3 1/2 month and 27 inches long and almost 15 lbs, she is my biggest and tallest baby so far!!!

Anonymous said...

She's soooo adorable!! Can't believe she's so big already. Miss you guys alot! Hope to see you soon :-)

~alyssa

S Club Mama said...

she's such a pretty baby! I'm glad she's so happy for you!

Micki said...

Stacey, she's so beautiful! I just want to pick her up and squish on her. And seven months already!! It's so bittersweet :)