Thursday, September 02, 2010

On the Menu Tonight

I'm really looking forward to supper tonight!  I'm making a couple of my favorite recipes, and it smells soooo yummy in here!

First off, this awesome Garden Chowder, which I think I've blogged about before.  I found this recipe on Passionate Homemaking, which is a lovely blog.  She has some other really great recipes to look at there too.  The chowder is not complete yet, so a pot shot of the veggies and broth will have to do, lol.

And what better to go with a yummy Garden Chowder than Angel Rolls!  This recipe is from Aliesha, over at Feathers in Our Nest.  Make sure you stop over there and congratulate her on her new baby!  Little Vera must be almost two weeks old now, I think.

I thought I'd make it fun and cut out shapes for our rolls.  They turned out really wonky looking, but I think it's still fun :)  I used my Grandma's old Tupperware cookie cutters.  Brings back good memories.  I miss that wonderful woman.

2 comments:

Stam House said...

Supper look soo yummy! we have been having insane warm humid weather over here for the past week or so and salad or cold food is the only thing that we can tolerate (we are not really hungry in this heat LOL)

Hoping that things get back to normal soon so we could eat normally again

How is the weather at your place this week?

Jobina said...

Yummy! I've been not just baking, but making a lot more home made stuff since the weather turned cooler. Nothing like soup and buns/biscuits though!