Wednesday, January 05, 2011

I'm gonna shred...

So after 9 months of pregnancy, and nearly a year of taking care of a baby, my body is in serious need of some muscle tone and cardio fitness.  Enter: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  It's on it's way to me, and I can't wait!  30 days sounds like an attainable goal to me, and I've heard nothing but good stuff about this workout.

I really have been meaning to order this for a while, but I finally broke down and did it after spending New Year's Eve with my in-laws.  They drove me to it, lol.  OK, so not really :)  My 3 beautiful sisters-in-law and I all weighed in that night, wrote down our starting weights, and are going to be doing the shred TOGETHER!!!  Yippee!  That makes me smile :)

And then, just like 2.5 minutes ago, I was reading Mama Notes, and noticed that she was starting up a 30 Day Shred Challenge.  So, hop on over and join us, OK?  I'm guessing I won't be able to start on the 7th, like everyone else at Mama Notes, but that's OK.  I will start as soon as the DVD arrives at my house.

I'm looking forward to that feeling you get when you exercise.  Not the super sore, I can hardly walk feeling, but the happy, I've been physically active feeling.  I need that.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Good for you, having other to help you to be accountable and motivated is always fun!!!!

I find I have to be extra careful with cardio while nursing, because I loose too much too fast and that affect my milk ;-( but on the other hand I'm smaller then before I was pregnant with Sarah and still losing just by nursing this little goose of mind!!!! That girl love her milk!!!!

Drea said...

Let me know how u like it!! :)

Kalle said...

What an awesome idea. I can't wait to start getting in shape again (post baby of course). Good luck, can't wait to hear the updates.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Can't wait to see how you do! I am doing a modified challenge b/c I can't get that DVD, but I am scared of the commitment. I am doing it anyway, though! Have fun!

bass family said...

You can do it!

Ellen said...

I had heard of this once before, but you have me committed :) I bought the dvd and am now waiting for it in the mail. I so need to get into shape!! Not just because of body after baby, but for my own health and example for my kids! can't wait to try it!