Monday, January 03, 2011

It all started with Google Chat

Last Thursday night, I was having a really tough time.  OK, so lets face it, I've been struggling for a while, and you've all noticed.  I was online, just trying to figure some things out, and noticed that Drea was online.  We often chat with Google Chat (awesome, if you haven't tried it) when our kids are sleeping or we have a few spare minutes.

That night though, my heart was super heavy, and I shared with Drea how I really needed to do something to help me stay accountable with my relationship with God.  I really want to grow closer to God, but I'm so terrible at sticking with things.  I have always struggled with setting aside a quiet time each day, and things haven't changed.

Through our chat, Drea and I decided to start a blog together, where we will post the things we are learning, encouraging each other to spend time with God each day.  We have opened it up to other online friends and family, so if you are interested in being added as an author, please let me or Drea know.  We're working out the details, but it should be a great source of accountability and encouragement for all of us!

So, here is your invitation to become a reader of And This I Pray.  For now we are leaving it public, and we'll see how it goes.  We may choose to make it a private blog if we feel it would be better that way, but we want to be able to encourage anyone who might stop by.


Just a side note as well, we started this after hearing about Good Morning Girls.  You can form your own group, or find some new online friends at the Good Morning Girls forum.  It's all meant to be daily accountability for women in their walk with God.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

I got to say I love this BLOG and it makes me even more exited about being in the word then EVER!!!! Thanks you for sharing it with all of us :-)

Seriously you should see me, I keep jumping up and down since it all started!

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE!!!! phil 4:4

Andrea said...

I love the whole idea of the blog as well. :) Are you a part of that Good morning Girls thing too? I like the idea of that as well...though I think I might just like having one friend to email what I learned in my bible reading with instead of a whole group...

Gina said...

Great Idea.