Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Dialect/Accent Vlog



Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

▪ What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
▪ What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
▪ What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
▪ What do you call gym shoes?
▪ What do you say to address a group of people?
▪ What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
▪ What do you call your grandparents?
▪ What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
▪ What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
▪ What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
So now that you've heard me talk, it's your turn! 

(Vlog tag from Windy Poplars)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Drea said...

your so pretty :)

I may do this when I look decent enough to be on camera! :-D today is not that day.

In ohio we said "pop" for carbonated drinks, but in the south ppl use the word "DRINK" or "soda" - or sometimes just "pepsi" - lets just say in ohio, when the dr' asked Travis in the ER (when he had a kidney stone)- did anything in his diet change, and he said "Yea I have been drinking a lot of drinks" -obviously at that moment the dr. prob though Travis was an alcoholic pastor :-D but Travis meant "soda pop"

Also we say sneakers here for gym shoes, but runners sounds way cooler!

What would be fun on my end is to have Travis do this, because his accent is very thick - :) maybe he'd agree, doubtful tho.

S Club Mama said...

I said these along with you (yes, to myself) and most of ours are similar. I've never heard shoes called runners, but I like it!

I say pecan differently but I think that's more of a family inheritance than regional? And we say data differently.

But way more similar than I thought we'd be. Where are you in Canada in accordance to the US? North of???

S Club Mama said...

so I don't look as good as you in my vlog but it was a quiet moment! http://thesclub.blogspot.com/2011/02/accentdialect-vlog.html

Kristin said...

Hi Stacey! So fun to HEAR you! Glad you vlogged along with the fun. Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Christin said...

You said everything the same way I would have! :)

The bug that curls into a ball when you touch it, we call it a "rollie pollie". Thanks for sharing!!