Wednesday, February 09, 2011

TAG!

Drea tagged me in this fun little questionnaire, so I figured I'd join in the fun!

Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.


Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
We don't have any pets, but to me, animals are animals, not members of the family.

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
That I would be able to raise up my kids to be passionate followers of Christ.  That's a huge 'life' dream.  A more selfish dream is to live in the perfect old character home, with a nice big kitchen :)

3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
In no particular order, because obviously a billion dollars would easily cover all of this :)

Tithe
Pay off our church building and finish all the renovations that need to be done
Buy our build our dream home
Buy an RV so Keith and I can go traveling when we retire :)
Put away college savings for our kids
Put away money for retirement
Donate to missions

Buy Keith his dream car and a shop to work on 'manly stuff'
Buy baby carriers for all my friends who are having babies :)


4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
 Focusing on what is really important in my life, praying, and sometimes, hanging out with friends or family for a while.

5. What is your bedtime routine, with your kids?
Keith usually puts the older two to bed, and I put Emery to bed.
So, for Rowan and Bria, it's bathroom, jammies, story, pray, turn out the lights
For Emery, it's jammies, sleeping bag, and then I nurse her into oblivion, lol.

6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other?
We met at NBC, way back in 2001!  We were both there for one year after high school, and honestly, we were both immediately attracted to each other :)  We started dating 2 months after we met, got engaged just over a year later, and married 5 months after that!

7. What kind of books do you read?

Right now I mostly just read my Bible.  Not a lot of time for other reading, except to my kids of course!  The book that I need to finish is Baby-led Weaning.  I'll be posting a review of it on here sometime soon, hopefully!  I just never take the time to sit down and read these days.  Bible School kinda killed my love of reading.  I used to be a major bookworm, until I HAD to read so much for school.


8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Well, I'll be 37 then... according to Keith, life is over at 30, lol.  Hopefully I'll be a happy mother of 3, a loving wife, and serving God wherever He wants me to be.

9. What’s your fear?
That I won't be a good parent to my kids, and they will turn out to be rebellious and turn away from God.

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
No way!  I have no desire to see outer space.  I'd much rather eat my junk food, lol.

11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Roll over and try to sleep some more. (Sorry Drea, I had to steal your answer!)

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?

That he would be more of a leader, and make more decisions.

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I've always loved my name.  My Dad picked it out :)

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?

Definitely sun!  That's why, even though our winters are nasty cold, I'd much rather be here than on the rainy coast.  How depressing.

15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I'm a carbaholic!  So bring on the bread, pasta, cake, etc.

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Looking back on my life years later and seeing what I was dealing with back then.
Keeping in touch with friends and family.

17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?

Both!

18. What items are in your purse right now?
My wallet, a reusable grocery bag.  That's probably about it :)  Maybe some hand lotion?  I really don't know.  I'm not much of a purse person.


19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
I'd say the mountains.  I love the sun and all, but there isn't a whole lot you can do at the beach.

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?

Well, sometimes watching shows like Love It or List It make me covet other people's homes.  But I don't think I really watch anything bad.  Most of it is home reno stuff or happy reality shows.  I used to watch a lot of crime shows, which were not so good for me.

Now I tag...
Andrea @ Spoken For
Randi Lynn @ S Club 4
Kalle @ Growing C's
Lindsey @ Diary of a Crazy Person
Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna said...

Just wanted to comment on the pet question...

I was NEVER a dog lover, but knew I wanted to get my kids one...we got a puppy last spring (after fostering the whole litter for a few weeks...we picked the most well behaved, of course)...and ummm I'm in LOVE and she is definitely part of the family...I see her as my baby since we are done having kids...She just turned 1!! We sang Happy Birthday to her and got her a doggie bakery item...when Im away from her I miss her...

I know not everyone has changes of hearts like this;) l

Lindsey said...

Thanks for tagging me!

I have some awards on my blog if you want!

Drea said...

fun! I am just now getting to this :) im so bad lol.

I think some peoples DOGS can def become part of the family - although im not a dog person at all.

I know for some they are very dear.

an RV btw would be cool :)