Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just OK

I love trying new recipes.  Especially when they are really easy and I have all the ingredients in my house.  This recipe uses super simple ingredients that I always have on hand.  However, it was not my favorite recipe ever.  It was just OK.  But, in a pinch, it works.  I was slightly disappointed, because I expected greater things coming from Smitten Kitchen.

I recently tried another SK recipe that we all loved. Homemade pop tarts. Yummo.  I made them with cinnamon and sugar, and would love to try them with jam sometime.


Anyway, on to the Potato Pizza.  It really is just pizza dough with potatoes and onions.  And some sea salt and olive oil.  Can't get much more simple than that!  One thing that may or may not have affected the outcome is the crust.  I ran out of time to make the crust from her recipe (needs like 2 hours to rise), so I subbed in my super easy fast rising one.  I may give it another go with the original recipe, just to compare.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

I tried this potatoes leeks pizza and did turn out delicious!!! http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/2009/11/recipe_6.php

Mom said...

at least you gave it a try :) Not all recipes merit repeating...I've had a few; tried one from Pioneer Woman yesterday...it will be filed away permanently or altered for sure.

Jobina said...

just looking at it it looks a little bland. Maybe caramelize the onions first or add some spices? It's always fun to try new recipes though. Trinity is learning to cook a bit and I'm trying to stress to her that a good cook experiments until they get a recipe just the way they like it.