Thursday, July 07, 2011

Hair fun... updated!

I think I'm one of the most non-hair savvy moms out there :)  I totally don't know how to use flat irons (I do own one), my hair looks the same every day, and my girls are lucky if they get their hair brushed and a clip in place for the day (or a few minutes, til they take it out).

But today Drea posted a very easy and fun way to get curls without heat, so I experimented with Bria's hair.  You can read Drea's post here, but this is the video that she learned from:



So I started with Bria's hair.  She has her mama's hair, that's for sure, very fine and very slippery.  So I had to spray it first with hairspray, and then pull it through the headband.  She also has fairly short hair, so I couldn't pull the back through at all.  I love the way it looks all twisted up though.  We'll see how the curls turn out later!


OK, so Bria didn't last very long with the headband in her hair.  So, this is what it looks like!  I think I'll definitely do this again.  Very sweet and simple :)


Photobucket

6 comments:

Drea said...

that is so cute!!!
now u do it! :-)

Jennifer said...

I'm sooooooo going to try that!! If it turns out then I might post it on my blog-I need 2 see if a I have a headband that will work. I love trying out new hair styles!!

Dayna said...

stacey! this is awesome! i read your post yesterday in the evening shortly before going to bed and i figured now was as good a time as any to try it. it turned out great! i used to have natural curls in the bottom few inches of my hair but sadly they're about 90% gone. i'm too lazy to put much effort to creating curls but this technique doesn't require much effort at all. i'm pretty sure i'll be doing it often. thanks for posting! plus, i like the look of it with the hairband as well... since my hair is pretty long there's a nice "knot" at the very back which i like. pretty sure i'll do it in the morning sometime and enjoy the two separate styles...

Stacey said...

Jennifer... I'm sure your hair would work really well with this style! You'll have to do it sometime when we meet at the park :)

Dayna... I'm so glad you like it! If I had long hair, I would totally do it. I tried it yesterday in my short hair, and got a couple cute curls in the front. None of the back was long enough though, so I still had to style the rest of my hair anyway.

Lindsey said...

So cute! Bria is such a gorgeous little girl! I would love to try this!

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

Okay seriously, she is just too cute!!!